N-Europe

Football Manager 09

Happenstance

I downloaded it and played a match on it.

Im impressed, the new 3d match engine is nice, and the new slick style is cool, the press conferences offer something new

I hate the 3D engine...I think it looks crappy to be honest...

I am going to get handheld this year as my FM of choice, as I just fancy something different.

The conferences are a nice feature, but are nothing more than the other questions you would get on a weekly basis, but now rolled in a more football like manner than just having random questions flung at you.

• 2 weeks later...

Got it yesterday, hate the 3D engine as I knew I would. Great game apart from that it now takes ages to load up the matches once it tries to go into the 2D mode which is rather annoying.

Started off with Man City to get to grips with the game and doing pretty well, bought both Veloso and Moutinho from Sporting (2 must buy players, they're both amazing, about £12m each), Santa Cruz from Blackburn (£21m) and Marcelo from Real for £4.4m (fantastic player, really young too).

Got it yesterday, hate the 3D engine as I knew I would. Great game apart from that it now takes ages to load up the matches once it tries to go into the 2D mode which is rather annoying.

yeah, it's a pointless feature that just makes the game run so slow. The press conference feature is class though.

I had a game with Newcastle for a test earlier, signed Rivaldo :awesome:

I picked up the handheld version instead. I just found it will ran to slow on PC for my liking. The 3D match engine seemed poorly implemented and even the 2D engine seems like it has more lag on it.

So what's the handheld version like? Well its solid enough. It contains the core gameplay of the PC versions distilled down to a more immediate pace. Thats not to say it lacks depth though. The 2D match engine included for the first time works pretty well...It has the odd glitch which will remind people of the first time it came to the PC games but it still helps to drag you in....

Playings as Portsmouth finished 15th in first season but now I am in 4th after 10 games.

• 4 months later...