NEurope
Dante

The Calling

Videogame publisher Hudson Entertainment appears to be about to announce a new horror title for Wii. The name will be ´The Calling´ or something similar, an open directory on a server suggests, which belongs to a U.S. PR company working for the publisher.

Said directory contains three trailers showing in-game footage but no slates or superimposed text. The title can only be guessed by the directory they are in. The platform is evident only by the on-screen control scheme (showing the Wii's ´A´ and ´B´ buttons). Thanks to HereticPB from Nintendo Centrum for exclusively digging this up and alerting me to it.

The game's style appears to be more in the vein of a ´Fatal Frame´ rather than an action-oriented survival horror like ´Resident Evil´. Either way, this would bring the count of horror games on Wii up to 14. Of course, whether it's a Wii exclusive remains to be seen.

http://nintendo-revolution.blogspot.com

Videos

The more the scarier for sure. Good time of year to reveal something like this seeing as its the run up to Halloweeeeeen, gwahahaha...!

The game's style appears to be more in the vein of a ´Fatal Frame´ rather than an action-oriented survival horror like ´Resident Evil 4´.

Corrected.

Wow, the gameplay appears awesome! It's almost like an old point and click adventure in the 1st person. And it's satisfyingly scary. Takes a lot from The Grudge.

Scared the living daylights outta me. Then again, I actually cried of fear because of Ringu's ending.

Intersesting, interesting.

Definately looks on-rails. From the cleverly disguised, pre-rendered environments to the fact the screen turned independently of the pointer.

Something like this would be very scary first time through, but then you know everything that will happen second time through. Not sure how engaging the whole package would be. Looks very nice though,

And of course, most of what I just said is pure speculation.

That looks hilarious.

OMFG THERE'S A STRANGE BLACK THING SHAPED LIKE A HUMAN I'M SO SCARED.

If they improve the scares, then this might be alright. We shall see.

has me intrigued alright, the classroom scene was awesome.

On Rails? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And the scares are awful... at the classroom, when that girl (i presume) opened the door, i was like, HOLY SHI... Then it closed, and he walked as if it was nothing, i laughed instead of pissing myself, like: He's he dumb?

Then came the ghost, and it didn't scare me at all

On Rails? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seriously, what's your problem with on-rails? Was Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles that traumatic an experience for you?

Update: Looks like the original videos were pulled by YouTube. Being the ninja bloggers we are, we found new ones, but we warn that these also could disappear at any moment. Incidentally, Hudson has contacted us, explaining that a hacker stole these videos from internal files on their server.

Leak ahoy! A mysterious trio of videos have been discovered on the open servers of a PR company representing Hudson, apparently showing off a brand new Wii horror game from the publisher. Judging by the name of the directory address, the title will be known simply as Calling (though we'd wager on The Calling), and it looks like an extremely creepy slice of J-Horror.

www.nintendowiifanboy.com

Oh shit, the apartment scene was indeed scary, specially when the girl looked at me and at the end..

God, i'm such a pussy when it comes to close up faces that keep getting closer and closer :'(

I can't help it, but the title reminds me of:

London-Calling.jpg

Terrible Paint skills, but you get the idea.

Seriously, what's your problem with on-rails? Was Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles that traumatic an experience for you?

ya it was awful ha

was a very annoying game in a lot of respects..

This has a lot of potential. but...........omg this reall has to be a first for hudson. A non kiddy looking game on a nintendo systems( or almost any other )

I dont have a lot of faith in hudson as devs so we'll see.

That game looks really scary, if i saw a hand like that i wouldn't stick my hand under the bed, I would run like hell!!!

I've just noticed with the classroom vid, there are loads of faces everywhere. :( It's a sort of "When you see it... you will shit bricks" scenario.

Seriously, what's your problem with on-rails?

Yeah, actually, what exactly is the problem with on-rails? Its just another type of gameplay format.

Yeah, actually, what exactly is the problem with on-rails? Its just another type of gameplay format.

Some people just like full control over their character.. like me.

It just feels old fashioned and too linear.. and like very old games like streets of rage etc there usually only a few buttons to press.. its hard to explain but it feels SOO restricted to me. certain genres I never get along with.

That is very much how I feel about it anyway.I understand why you would like them but.......if the game is going in THIS direction it needs the scare factor and perhaps some resident evil( the old style) / hotel dusk style puzzles may work too..

I've just noticed with the classroom vid, there are loads of faces everywhere. :( It's a sort of "When you see it... you will shit bricks" scenario.

Hopwfully they pull this off well... Needs to be scary but its a bit too cartoonish at the moment :)

Calling – A Clarification

You may have seen the rounds of three mysterious video files of a point and click horror game by Hudson called Calling. I know Hudson and Clever Communications wants no mention of this game anymore but I thought I would put digital words down on what really happened at least concerning my actions.

The videos were quite good and quite scary. Be it test footage, game footage, whatever they were great and I loved them. For that matter many other people liked the footage.

Hudson we love the idea and game that is if it is a game yet or will be now, it is amazing.

I was contacted to remove the videos, which I promptly did from Youtube and from Revver that I uploaded them to. Hudson has made the rounds to remove the other videos from the Internet from other individuals and they are justified, as it is their property.

I wanted to put this out on the net. I do not know who put the videos on the PR site of Clever Communications be it employees of Clever Communications, Clever Communications themselves, Hudson Employees, Hudson, or anybody else and I am sure Hudson as a company is quite pissed. You would be too if someone uploaded content and had “stolen it”.

Honestly, though it being on a PR site I have a hard time with the notion of it being stolen. I found these videos myself, and I have no problem stating that, from Clever Communications site. There was no intent, no idea, or action of stealing the videos. It could have been a bit of stupidity on my part as I thought the PR page that was posted was validated information to be released.

Honestly, the leak of these videos actually created more fans of the game earlier than it should but the game looks to be amazing. I hope that not harm comes from this situation.

Yes, I caught that the other day, I think it's quite well put.

However, whether the videos really were stolen or not is neither here nor there. Clever Communications contacted us and kindly asked for the videos to be removed, and have done so with all other sites who posted them. So it's best if the community just accept their wished for now.

First Hudson real media:

19521404250122428loe.th.jpg19526404510122338lo.th.jpg

Info:

Horror (survival) game.

Uses a phone in the game, you can receive text message, record audio and video.

70% complete.

Mystery girl, mystery old man and high school girls trio.

Edited by Dante