NEurope
Choze

PS3 TGS News

UPDATE:

Trailer: http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/21931

Online mode: http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/video/white-knight-story.html

Enjoy. :D

2vsqc0y.gif

Seriously good idea merging story and online rpg. Alot of people think Level 5 are using True Fantasy as their base for the online.

From latest Dengeki PlayStation magazine:

- The story mode is very long and has a lot of content. Over 100+ hours of gameplay.

- The game will run at full HD resolution : 1080p. (first rpg to do so)

- Up to 16 players (avatars) can gather in any given Town Square.

- You can party up with up to 4 players to go questing from Town Square.

- Items can be traded between players.

Really cool. :smile: What we need to shake up JRPGs abit.

2923218405_df2cbfb982_o.jpg

The screens here are not 1080p but the game will be.

Looks nice. 4 player online seems promising. :smile:

3 direct feed.

sce46.jpg

sce48.jpg

sce47.jpg

sce35.jpg

sce34.jpg

sce36.jpg

544114200810080837050birn9.th.jpgthpix.gif

Previous info:

-Gameplay 100hr+∞

A very large scale RPG in addition to the infinite amount of time you can play with friends and partners.

-Attractive casting and immense story.

The thrill of an RPG has been refined with the experience and know-how gained by Level-5 over the years.

-Next-gen quality graphic power

Super graphic scenes output at FullHD 1080p

-Big and small characters fighting alongside eachother to create a chaotic and dynamic battle

With the protagonist being able to transform into the White Knight, dynamic battles with both large and small characters can be created. A direct feel battle system makes unnecessary, any complicated controls, and makes you feel as though you're part of the battle.

-Embarking on an adventure and fighting alongside friends/partners.

Unending infinite gameplay is also included. Via PSN, embark on adventures with friends.

Much more will be revealed at at TGS. Keep everything WKS in this thread as there will be plenty of it in the coming days from Level 5 and Sony as its their big RPG this christmas in Japan. The other thread was a mistake and would have been a mess with these constant updates. Media incoming today. Be nice to see hwo it is in 1080p and whether it uses the Wipeout HD frames technique.

This looks very very awesome, I wish it was coming to 360. Level 5 is one heck of a developer.

Tekken 6 is coming to 360. Same time as PS3 in late 09. 360 development will start from scratch and like FF XIII in the west it will release same time as the PS3 version. No problem with it coming to 360. Though the added PS3 delay is annoying as well as the current 360 Namco games still exclusive.

I think this is sensible for Sony. The paying for exclusives business is not going to work out against MS. It justifies Sony's and Nintendo's first and second party focus. Thankfully Sony's first party are really delivering quality wise.

Developed by level 5 published by Sony. So yeah exclusive. Keep an eye on the thread.

Gah, it's games like these that make me want a PS3....oh well, by the time it comes out here, I hope PS3 will have had another rice cut :heh:

:smile: About time. Is out in October as well.

Looks lovely. Cant believe SEGA made this. :bowdown: Their PS3 games are amazing.

http://www.sega.co.uk/valkyria

ps3_valkyries-of-the-battlefield_1209018080_5.jpg

942165_20080516_screen003.jpg

942165_20080516_screen002.jpg

senjou-no-valkyria-gallian-chronicles_03b.jpg

can you see the images?

Also check out Yakuza 2 on PS2 already, its amazing(play in japanese voice acting).

SEGAValkyria Chronicles combines strategy elements of tactical role-playing games with real-time action sequences. All of this is played out in an innovative and beautiful visual style.

Valkyria Chronicles is set in a fictitious continent reminiscent of 1930s Europe - divided in two and ruled by the Empire and the Federation. The Empire has set its sights on invading a small neutral country called Gallia, which is situated in the middle of the two great empires. The game follows a hero named Welkin and his fellow soldiers of the Federation's 7th Platoon as they engage in a series of epic battles.

Built upon the new "CANVAS" engine, developed internally by SEGA Game Studios Japan, Valkyria Chronicles' stunning 3D graphics resemble a watercolor painting in motion, taking full advantage of the processing capabilities of the PlayStation 3. The power of the PlayStation 3 also allows the development team to exploit the full potential of this new engine, giving players many different stunning environments to explore. A new type of tactical battle mechanic has been specifically designed for Valkyria Chronicles. Known as "BLiTZ," this gives players freedom to strategically move around the environment and attack enemies using real-time controls, something never before seen in the tactical role-playing game genre. The new "CANVAS" engine technology, the "BLiTZ" battle concept and an epic storyline offers players hours of exciting gameplay.

Just downloading the demo now...probably not gonna get it day 1 but keen to see if i like it..

I kind of think that's annoying. It was quite a large part of me going for PS3, and I don't know why I'm really annoyed, but it's just I think it should be Sony system game. Meh.

Microsoft are throwing money at people and it's very annoying. I'm not a blind supporter of PlayStation but I can't help but see some very bad choices in the PS3's infancy that is affecting all of this. PS4 will probably bring back to former glory.

Just downloading the demo now...probably not gonna get it day 1 but keen to see if i like it..

Tried abit seems nice so far. Love the presentation. Rather play with japaense voices but its not amazingly bad like other japanese games. :heh:

The realtime elements are nice. I wonder if online multiplayer is in?

Looks good, but I don't have the patience or skill for strategy games enough to enjoy this one.

1UP Preview

What's the game about? The minds behind From Software's cult-classic King's Field franchise seek to reenergize the musty dungeon crawler genre with this decidedly more action-oriented and open-ended take on hard fantasy role-playing. Demon's Souls melodramatic (and weirdly enough, English-dubbed) opening cinema outlines the plot -- the kingdom of Bolotario is under siege by a plague of demons after a sleeping subterranean behemoth known as "the old one" was accidentally awakened. These demons are laying waste to the countryside, transforming townsfolk into shambling, zombie-like beasts. As a custom-made hero or heroine, you're tasked with hacking and slashing through countless monstrosities in an attempt to save humanity.

What's new for Tokyo Game Show? The game had previously been announced in Japanese game magazine Famitsu, but Tokyo Game Show serves as the first debut of Demon's Souls in playable form. The demo allows you to customize your warrior and venture through a large, enemy-besieged castle environment.

What's our take? Considering how seriously the development team's King's Field heritage was invoked in the pre-TGS hype, we were surprised to find out that Demon's Souls breaks from KF tradition with its third-person camera. Although this makes for a less immersive experience, it's actually a wise choice given the game's more action-oriented combat. Your avatar here definitely feels more fleet-footed than the lackadaisical KF heroes, and the ability to block, parry, and roll opens up considerable defensive options. Combat's still quite limited, though -- a simple press of the R trigger swings your weapon, and there's an imprecise, clunky feel to the aiming. Luckily, we found a modicum of depth as we progressed: Some weapon types allow you to mash on the button to execute multi-part combos, and you have the option of either single-handed or double-handed wielding (each with a unique combo).

The level we battled through looked pleasant enough with its crumbling walls and debris-strewn corridors, but the depressing, monochromatic color palette may turn off some players. We found the seriously unstable frame rate more troubling, though -- unless the development team can fix the near-constant slowdown, we don't expect Demon's Souls to be published in the U.S. by Sony CEA.

Looks good, but I don't have the patience or skill for strategy games enough to enjoy this one.

Well its fresh. Nothing like previous strategy rpg.

Music is superb. Anyway let me get back to it. But i am liking these SEGa agmes. Hopefully they get some commercial success too!

Yeah this is the new SEGA at their best, this and the likes of Yakuza are what the company should be concerntrating on.

I've not an RPG man, but that's because I've never really owned any RPGs. I'd love to get immersed in the story of one.

The closest Ive got to RPG is both the Paper Marios and LOTR strategies. I was put off Final Fantasy on PS2 because the first hour bored me to death.

I'm not really an RPG man either... I always get to a point where I either havn't levelled up enough or simply don't know what to do to win a fight!

Definately getting this, loved the demo. Did not know the director behind this is the same person who did Skies of Arcadia. :smile:

I've not an RPG man, but that's because I've never really owned any RPGs. I'd love to get immersed in the story of one.

The closest Ive got to RPG is both the Paper Marios and LOTR strategies.

Play this demo! Give it a go.

Persona 3 FES is out next week on PS2 which many people have really liked in Japan and US. Play.com are doing it cheap. Perhaps try that? Valkyria is really good though i would love SEGA to do more games like this. Paper Mario was fun with the 2d battle parts and injokes.

I was put off Final Fantasy on PS2 because the first hour bored me to death.

You arent alone. The PS2 FF werent exactly SE's shining moments. I think they need to overhaul the gameplay in their games. FFXII was very boring despite changes and the story was too weak.

1UP Preview

What's the game about? The minds behind From Software's cult-classic King's Field franchise seek to reenergize the musty dungeon crawler genre with this decidedly more action-oriented and open-ended take on hard fantasy role-playing. Demon's Souls melodramatic (and weirdly enough, English-dubbed) opening cinema outlines the plot -- the kingdom of Bolotario is under siege by a plague of demons after a sleeping subterranean behemoth known as "the old one" was accidentally awakened. These demons are laying waste to the countryside, transforming townsfolk into shambling, zombie-like beasts. As a custom-made hero or heroine, you're tasked with hacking and slashing through countless monstrosities in an attempt to save humanity.

What's new for Tokyo Game Show? The game had previously been announced in Japanese game magazine Famitsu, but Tokyo Game Show serves as the first debut of Demon's Souls in playable form. The demo allows you to customize your warrior and venture through a large, enemy-besieged castle environment.

What's our take? Considering how seriously the development team's King's Field heritage was invoked in the pre-TGS hype, we were surprised to find out that Demon's Souls breaks from KF tradition with its third-person camera. Although this makes for a less immersive experience, it's actually a wise choice given the game's more action-oriented combat. Your avatar here definitely feels more fleet-footed than the lackadaisical KF heroes, and the ability to block, parry, and roll opens up considerable defensive options. Combat's still quite limited, though -- a simple press of the R trigger swings your weapon, and there's an imprecise, clunky feel to the aiming. Luckily, we found a modicum of depth as we progressed: Some weapon types allow you to mash on the button to execute multi-part combos, and you have the option of either single-handed or double-handed wielding (each with a unique combo).

The level we battled through looked pleasant enough with its crumbling walls and debris-strewn corridors, but the depressing, monochromatic color palette may turn off some players. We found the seriously unstable frame rate more troubling, though -- unless the development team can fix the near-constant slowdown, we don't expect Demon's Souls to be published in the U.S. by Sony CEA.

Yeah kind of early for Demon Souls. But the idea sounds interesting so will keeep an eye on it. Any trailer?

Will I need to have played the other 2? Never owned a PS2 my PS3 isn't BC so never played them....Remember when the first one came out though and my mate was singing its praises...

It looks awesome but what is the gameplay like, what do you do?

Also I'd like flamboy's question answered.

It looks awesome but what is the gameplay like, what do you do?

Also I'd like flamboy's question answered.

Well if its anything like Yakuza 2, its fantastic :smile:

Think of it as a more focused Shenmue with Yakuza. Shenmue without the boring bits essentialy. You still get stuff catch the 5pm train next wednesday sort of stuff but its handled much better. Its linear in places like Shenmue but you get plenty of sidequests as well. Its a huge game with loads of value and tons of fun. Lots more action than Shenmue. Alot more. Also its quite violent in places but the story is great.

Wish they make more games like this.