N-Europe

Gaming in France?

flameboy

What about this game for the Mega Drive?

It was only released in France, Japan and Portugal (Japanese version). DBZ was huge around here, and the Mega Drive was the top-selling console, so...

Good times fiddling with the adaptor to try and make the characters speak some other language. And trying to figure out how to pull off Ginyu's body switch. I never learned how to do it.

Which I also have! And I never learned how to do that either! Fukcing manual was in french!

Spooky story surrounds that game actually, I don't know anyone else who has it, one day I was cleaning the attic and I found the game, put it on the table. A few hours later there were 2 of them on the table. For no reason! The same game, same box, twice. Didn't know anyone else with it. I was confused and left them there. Next morning? Gone. Still don't know what the fuck was that.

Yeah, the French are big into animé and manga.

Like everyone has said though, the games are generally the same. Seeing as you are for Paris I'm guessing your main ports of call will be Virgin and Fnac where you aren't too likely to find anything overly quirky. I don't know how hard you are willing to look, but you might come across some seedy little import shops where you can pick up US games and stuff that isn't out in the EU yet.

You also might be able to grab the odd game thats not out in the UK yet because now and again there can be a one or two week difference between the EU and UK release!

EDIT: Oh, what about Manhunt 2 on Wii...?

Is it actually out in France? Not much point though as is close to release here.

Which I also have! And I never learned how to do that either! Fukcing manual was in french!

Spooky story surrounds that game actually, I don't know anyone else who has it, one day I was cleaning the attic and I found the game, put it on the table. A few hours later there were 2 of them on the table. For no reason! The same game, same box, twice. Didn't know anyone else with it. I was confused and left them there. Next morning? Gone. Still don't know what the fuck was that.

Maybe it was a dream? :heh: Or maybe you were playing for so long that your eyes played tricks on you.

I think I played that game too. I had no idea it was only released in those 3 countries.

Dude... that actually gave me the shivers. lol