NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

Punch-Out!!

The game has always been more of a puzzle game than a boxing game. The proof is that you only have 4 punches: bottom/top left, bottom/top right.

That's it.

It wouldn't be right if they added wiimotion plus. It would make sense to do so. The balance board, however, would be neat for dodging.

no motion plus please leave that out they should use other realistic boxing games for that not Punchout

no motion plus please leave that out they should use other realistic boxing games for that not Punchout

But can't motionplus just be used to make your hits register more effectively; not bothered about placement or anything; but WIi Sports Boxing doesn't exactly register every single hit!!

i think i prefer the snes graphics to the ones that there using for the wii. probly on my own but nevermind

Since this is a standalone product, and ALL Wii owners already have Wii Sports, Nintendo have to make the controls more advanced to even give a reason of developing the game. Taking money for "Wii sports boxing with not broken controls and retro-inspired graphics" is just laughable.

Since this is a standalone product, and ALL Wii owners already have Wii Sports, Nintendo have to make the controls more advanced to even give a reason of developing the game. Taking money for "Wii sports boxing with not broken controls and retro-inspired graphics" is just laughable.

Good to see you're not either over simplifying things or jumping to conclusions.

Don't tell me you guys are expecting something with lots of motion controls...

I asked on the last page, and I'm gonna ask again: why do you automatically think its going to be as basic as Wii Sports Boxing? Its obvious that Punch Out!! will be more fleshed out- or is it just me? :blank:

Punch Out is not a normal punching game, it has a lot more strategy than the other Boxing games, bear that in mind, darkjak

Yeah, we won't see advanced motion controls on this one. It will be simplistic as the previous ones. And it will probably be good at it.

The comedic factor is granted already.

I completely agree. Do we know if this uses MotionPlus yet? I thought motion controls were to improve games, not keep them the same as when they were mapped to a NES controller!

I completely agree. Do we know if this uses MotionPlus yet? I thought motion controls were to improve games, not keep them the same as when they were mapped to a NES controller!

Miyamoto said at E3 that Punch-Out!! was one such game which could work well with MotionPlus.

NGamer also said that we'd be using the Balance Board to dodge right before E3.

Wait, they're going to make Punch out in a normal boxiing game?

NOOOOO, DON'T RUIN IT, NINTENDO!!!

Punch Out is one of the best "sport" games ever made, don't ruin it by putting it à lá every other Boxing game

Wait, they're going to make Punch out in a normal boxiing game?

NOOOOO, DON'T RUIN IT, NINTENDO!!!

Punch Out is one of the best "sport" games ever made, don't ruin it by putting it à lá every other Boxing game

The game will most likely still retain the strategic aspect of the old games. That alone makes it different, right?

Note: I don't usually play boxing games, so I may be talking bullshit

Am I missing the part where Nintendo announced ANYTHING about this title apart from its existence in their video montage?

Miyamoto said at E3 that Punch-Out!! was one such game which could work well with MotionPlus.

NGamer also said that we'd be using the Balance Board to dodge right before E3.

I started screaming because of this

I started screaming because of this

Could work well. You're forgetting that MotionPlus is an optional attachment, it's likely that it can be played without it.

The fact that this game looks well into production and the fact that its released towards the end of next year suggests that they are implementing several control schemes

The fact that this game looks well into production and the fact that its released towards the end of next year suggests that they are implementing several control schemes

NGamer said it would be at E3 and was set to be a big Christmas game, suggesting it's actually complete.

Wow.....

This thread filled up with a bunch of bullshit quicker than expected.

Ugh......Where are your sources?

Wow.....

This thread filled up with a bunch of bullshit quicker than expected.

Ugh......Where are your sources?

Are you referring to me? I'm pretty sure I said that Miyamoto himself and NGamer issue #27 are my sources - I'll get links for you if you want. I never said they were fact, I'm just talking about what they said...

he could have meant me, i swore i read somewhere that it was getting released second half of 09, but after looking into it , its apparently first half of 09, IGN have it down for end of March. Either way, its a long wait for a game thats supposedly finished

I think next March/April is the best bet tbh. Can't see this coming out before then and I also doubt that it's complete, though this is of course possible. I just think if this was ready before Xmas then it would come out before Xmas given Nintendo's relatively weak lineup.

I asked on the last page, and I'm gonna ask again: why do you automatically think its going to be as basic as Wii Sports Boxing? Its obvious that Punch Out!! will be more fleshed out- or is it just me? :blank:

Well, when Wii Sports Boxing was shown, people thought that THAT was the new punch out. The question is really how much you can do? The basics are the same: camera behind the boxer, suggesting you can't move arround the ring, and it's boxing for pete's sake. There won't be any kicks, no low attack. So the question is how much Nintendo will be able to change the combat system with those restrictions. I am however not thinking that it'll be the same as WSB, I'm just saying that Nintendo will have to do a lot for it to be different enough to purchase.

Sign in to follow this