NEurope
Kirkatronics

Owning Your Own Business

Probably a general electronic entertainment and computer store. Though with lots of gaming stuff. Lots of demo pods to. I'd make sure there was lots of used stuff and I wouldn't stop buying retro stock. I'd try to also carry more uncommon things that you would normally need to order online.

Surprisingly the paper work involved is rather simple, I (along with three friends) formed a company before the summer, it's an LLP (which is a Limited Liability Partnership).

The only thing I need to do now is register as self-employed so the tax man don't bite.

Depending on how broad the term "business" is, I'd like to run small education courses. I love teaching. It'd be fun. :)

If it has to be a store, it'd probably be a book store. With a huge manga department. And all sorts of different books, not just the average novels and factual books. It would be the greatest book store around. :)

... Hm, teaching and books go well together ... Maybe one could combine the ideas ... *wanders off plottingly, mumbling words like "brilliant" and "genious" etc.*

Running your own business seems to run in my family; two of my uncles do it, my Mum and Dad do it. My parents run a sign making business, one uncle owns a small insurance company and another runs a kitchen fitting company. All are quite successful :smile:

I did own a company, called SASDesign, was a web design company, i designed everything from the letterheads to business cards, it was never offical or anything but it did bring in extra money for me. If i do design a website, i still put my SASDesign logo on it.