NEurope
Oxigen_Waste

Life On Mars. Any good?

Started watching it. Quite liked the first episode, was all in the mood to watch it... and then I watched the second episode yesterday night... what a gigantic piece of turd. :blank:

Guess what I'm asking is... Is it more like the 1st episode or the second? Cause the second one really sucked beyond measure... it was just like a bad Inspector Rex espisode. Left a sour taste in my mouth.

I never understand questions like these. Why don't you just watch it and make your own decision? Asking a forum will just produce lots of opinions on both sides, at which point it just boils down to whose word you'd take.

But w/e, I think it's been one of the best television shows that's been on in the decade. It was on a while ago, so I'm just making a judegement on the whole series. Stick with it, there are some cracking episodes later on in S1 (especially the one where Sam becomes a hostage in an armed kidnapping).

It was a pretty damn good series. Avoid the "sequel" series called "Ashes to Ashes" like it was aids.

It wasn't that bad.

I never understand questions like these. Why don't you just watch it and make your own decision? Asking a forum will just produce lots of opinions on both sides, at which point it just boils down to whose word you'd take.

But w/e, I think it's been one of the best television shows that's been on in the decade. It was on a while ago, so I'm just making a judegement on the whole series. Stick with it, there are some cracking episodes later on in S1 (especially the one where Sam becomes a hostage in an armed kidnapping).

What? All I'm asking is if the show is more like the second episode or the first... how's that gonna split opinions? :blank:

And why as nobody answered?

I'd say it's more like the first... but then, I didn't have a problem with the second. They're all brilliant.

"Drop your weapons, you are surrounded by armed bastards!"

I hear the air's a bit thin.

Yeah, that was terrible. Life On Mars, however, is not. I think you have to derive enjoyment purely from the setting and characters, though, as I found the whole coma/alternate reality thing to be a bit of a MacGuffin in the end; I didn't feel the resolution was 'neat' enough.

Life on Mars is absolutely fantastic. Stick with it.

Seconded. It's the most British macho show ever created since the 70's. And yes, I did think of Man o Man...

10459.jpg

Saiiiiiiilors, fighting in the Dance Hall, oh man, look at those cavemen go....

Oh, sorry, wrong thread.

What I've seen of the series looks good.

It's just... I quite liked the first episode... very nice... and then the second one was like watching some random cop show from the late 80s... Just lame. :(

I'm getting Virgin TV installed today and this'll be the first thing I watch on the On Demand channel as I missed it first time around.