NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Edjamakated

Why Zelda Wii will probably be the best game ever.

havent played elder scrolls, but oblivion wasn't that great.

It's the same game, you know? Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Yeah, there are 4 Elder scrolls so... yeah. I read it the other way around and it seemed you were saying the first person sword fighting in oblivion was good. My bad.

d it seemed you were saying the first person sword fighting in oblivion was good. My bad.

That was Chris the Great. *points at him*

you were saying the first person sword fighting in oblivion was good. My bad.

well, it worked pretty well didnt it? it may not have been overly deep, but combining sword and shield, the differnt types of charged attacks, some of the one on one sword fights i had were truly epic.

still, youd have to do away with rolls and what have you in zelda, lest players feel very ill.

well, it worked pretty well didnt it? it may not have been overly deep, but combining sword and shield, the differnt types of charged attacks, some of the one on one sword fights i had were truly epic.

still, youd have to do away with rolls and what have you in zelda, lest players feel very ill.

It "worked" but there was nothing to it and it was incredibly dull. I can find nothing epic about, if 1st person swordfighting needs an example that's not it.

dissagee, fights could be dull as hell, especialy when opponenst were weak as fuck, but when facing a decent foe, it could be a very close fought thing, sometimes very good, though also rather good when stupidly outnumbered.

though, as you say, most cases were very dull.

Point is, I take any Zelda's fighting, hell, any good to awesome 3rd person er.. sword game over Oblivion's. Don't think it's anything special at all, asides from sometimes switching to bow and magic, but it's mostly a bother and nothing Zelda or other games don't already do better.

Personally, I think a Zelda fixed in 1st-person would take too much away from the series. Over-the-shoulder is a good idea, going into normal 3rd-person for rolls, beast riding and such, and 1st-person as usual for the bow & arrow and looking around.

No. Just No. I will NOT buy a 1st person Zelda, because Link IS Zelda(well no, zelda is shiek as we all know, but you know what I mean). I want to have me a character model that I can see every minute that I play, I do not want first person swordfighting. Some weapons I can understand you need it(like the bow and arrow and boomerang) as they need a precise sort of aim(though you still had the option of not with z-targetting) but swordfighting is not a neccessity, and tbh, I want to be able to SEE my sword shitting the other dude up! It's half the fun!

In sum; First person, No.

I agree, Rummy. Maybe I'm weird, but a huge part of Zelda is seeing the Hylian Shield on Link's back all the time. He's like a Ninja Turtle! This is why I wouldn't mind an over-the-shoulder viewpoint, as long as the camera still fitted in the shield.

I do think the camera needs to closer to the action, but I also think that, in an action game, it's better to be able to see your character in the context of their environment, so you can dodge etc (and yes, I want the next Metroid to be 3rd-person/over-the-shoulder too!)

What we need to do is cut the bullshit and take it back to Link To The Past "graffix", solves all the problems. ¬_¬

I'd rather the next Zelda improved on the adventuring/exploring elements [rather than the combat], as that's what makes for an epic Zelda quest IMO!

I'd rather the next Zelda improved on the adventuring/exploring elements [rather than the combat], as that's what makes for an epic Zelda quest IMO!

Yep, a bit more story elements, adventuring and exploration. Add in cel-shading and you've got a formula for the greatest game of all time.

Cel-shading? HECK NO

The graphics are good as they were in TP, maintain them that way

Cel-shading? HECK NO

The graphics are good as they were in TP, maintain them that way

TP looks very nice, but I'd still rather take:

zeldateasing_110602_5.jpg

over

zelda-480p-screenshots-20061110090459721.jpg

any day.

You took the worst TP place with the best WW place to compare the graphics

And TP still won

You took the worst TP place with the best WW place to compare the graphics

And TP still won

No. TP looks gorgeous, but Wind Waker is perfect. Even with HD consoles out now, it's the best looking game I've ever played.

Cel-shading without a shadow of a doubt - it has so much more character and vibrancy to it. Much more evocative, in my opinion.

If they do cel-shading they won't have to spend as much memory and can have more actual content in the game.

I'll be content with whatever style they go with. Cel shading is obviously gorgeous but I definitely think that Twi Pri has absolutely sexual graphics too. Its win win, imo. I wouldn't say that either has the absolute best ever graphical style I'm yet to witness... that accolade goes to the all conquering DKC 3. :hehe:

that accolade goes to the all conquering DKC 3. :hehe:

Your love of the halflings' leaf has clearly slowed your mind...

the absolute best ever graphical style I'm yet to witness... that accolade goes to the all conquering DKC 3. :hehe:

Seconded. It's still the future of ACM

Sign in to follow this