N-Europe

Store Bought Computers

Kirkatronics

Why does it cost so much more to buy a computer from somewhere like PC world than somewhere like my local PC shop.

It seems to be atleast twice as good for the same price. I would have thought the bigger companies would be able to sell them for less.

My theory is the 'trust' that customers misleading put in these businesses.

Why does it cost so much more to buy a computer from somewhere like PC world than somewhere like my local PC shop.

It seems to be atleast twice as good for the same price. I would have thought the bigger companies would be able to sell them for less.

My theory is the 'trust' that customers misleading put in these businesses.

I find the opposite, my local shops rip people off. PC World are pretty good value if you know what you're looking for, it's common to find a bargain thats actually sold at less than it'd cost me to build it! Same goes for Dell.

My local computer shops on the other hand WILL screw people over properly. PC World might oversell, but the locals will sell you out-dated product at the price it retailed at 3 years ago :wtf:

I find the opposite, my local shops rip people off. PC World are pretty good value if you know what you're looking for, it's common to find a bargain thats actually sold at less than it'd cost me to build it! Same goes for Dell.

My local computer shops on the other hand WILL screw people over properly. PC World might oversell, but the locals will sell you out-dated product at the price it retailed at 3 years ago :wtf:

This is what I find to be common.

If you want a fantastic PC deal, you have to be prepared to learn a little and do a bit of research.

Ive only ever seen one system beat my local computer shops prices. They fixed that within a few days.