N-Europe

Killzone 2

Daft

I am liking the changes though i am adjusting as tacticians as spawn dynamics have changed back to the beta.

Can someone please show me the best places to get the 40GB and 320GB PS3 HDD from?

Really don't want to spend that much for it, best prices please!

Amazon are quite safe. I went for the on in the link. Its safe and uncomplicated. Did well in benchmarks ages ago(good all rounder).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-Scorpio-Internal-OEM/dp/B0011U65F2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1244205808&sr=8-1

Western Digital are easy to find, though Fujitsu, Seagate and Hitachi are also worth considering. You will notice in some online games that you appear as one of the first each time loading is needed ;)

benchmarks on PC:

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2009-2.5-mobile-hard-drive-charts/h2benchw-3.12-Avg-Read-Throughput,1110.html

Hard to go wrong lol. Yes you can spend more for 500GB even. I am waiting for the 640gb and 750gb drives for my next upgrade.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why bother Choze? If I was loaded like you I would spend money on more important things. You don't need to upgrade further than 320GB.

The new ones are a long way off so i am not considering it just yet. But i can always reuse the 320gb in my laptop for example when it comes :)

What is going on with Killzone, half the time when I search for games it says no game available. It only ever has games on Killzone 2 originals, speak of which what is that?

check your filters and keep them broad if looking for dlc maps. Thats the safest way or check names on broad search. Saturdays are hard to fine tune.

This patch the dlc maps are now meant to be in all map rotations(8 map limit before) as default. So you can have games that cycle all maps. Though i have not checked personally.

Originals refer to non dlc maps.

It's a huge title, you should be able to go on to any mode any map and find tons of games.

I'm shocked to see how dead the online is.

Its one of the most active online games ever. They need to fix up the filters abit for more options as it limits single maps search to only those maps(no rotation games). In the meantime Dwarf's method finds better quality games and dlc with rotation.

It's a huge title, you should be able to go on to any mode any map and find tons of games.

I'm shocked to see how dead the online is.

I think it only shows the games at your particular ranking as well. But yeah, it would not surprise me if the Call of Duty's are getting more numbers.

Trophies are stored onto Sony servers so just sign in on any PS3 and they will be there. (sync on the original PS3 before you do anything).

Save date is a tricky one, only some data can be transfered over so put as much as it will let you on a memory stick and any you can't you just have to live without.

Trophies are stored onto Sony servers so just sign in on any PS3 and they will be there. (sync on the original PS3 before you do anything).

Save date is a tricky one, only some data can be transfered over so put as much as it will let you on a memory stick and any you can't you just have to live without.

How do you mean "some" data?? What data can't I save on a USB stick??

It depends on game, if the developer is feeling tight ass like Resistance or Wipeout then it won't let you copy the data to a seperate PS3 I don't think. May be wrong.

I've had it where my data has corrupted and I get a file off th net, put it on the PS3 and a message says I can't use it.

It depends on game, if the developer is feeling tight ass like Resistance or Wipeout then it won't let you copy the data to a seperate PS3 I don't think. May be wrong.

I've had it where my data has corrupted and I get a file off th net, put it on the PS3 and a message says I can't use it.

Luckily I don't have Wipeout and Resistance :P I think only frist-party games have this problem...hopefully!

I think KZ2 also has a locked save file. So your single player data will be gone. Online is fine as its on servers. They should do something about keeping saves locked to profile name rather than an alone save.

If someone gets the Valor Citation Trophy (weekly honour rank #1), will that then unlock the Trophies for WHR 2,3 and 4?

Yep. You get the others same time since you got the highest one.

Yeah the long range gun works really well. Most importantly it gets them with ease at a distance.

killzone.com features have been updated. Including more enhancements to Battle replays.

http://killzone.com/kz/news.psml?kz_news_article=Killzone.com+Updated+for+Second+Map+Pack&kz_news_page=0

I cant play much PS3 right now because my new tv still isnt here. So i am letting others use it. Kind of fed up with the wait.