N-Europe

Killzone 2

Daft

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so I think they're just trying to make the game look better afterwards by adding a few cool arts, or they are opening the story up to show us what we didn't learn from the game. The new Helghast character model looks good though.

Leading Light are a concept company. This artwork was most likely commissioned during pre-production on Killzone 2, well before there was any firm idea of what the final product would include. The images aren't meant to show actual parts of the game, it's more, "This is the look and feel that we're going to try to capture."

New making ofs are quite cool.

http://killzone.com/kz/news.psml?kz_news_article=The+Killzone+Chronicles,+Part+7&kz_news_page=0

image08.jpg

image17.jpg

image18.jpg

Was thinking we should aim to get to 40 clan wins this week or something.

Will save the battle replays this time as they added the save feature. :D

Cooky and I won a mad match. Shot Mike sadly as he was on the other side. Had some fun in the sniper only match too. Radar had perma red dots so it was tricky timing shots.

I'm sorry but Choze no-one cares about saving Battle replays. They are OK to see certain things that happened, like kill steaks or muliti-kills but to be worth saving they would have to have to be like Halo where you can actually see stuff.

NE will never take part in 40 clan matches per week, let alone win 40. Why does some of that art look so good when in the game the colours are repressed in the real thing?

I'm sorry but Choze no-one cares about saving Battle replays. They are OK to see certain things that happened, like kill steaks or muliti-kills but to be worth saving they would have to have to be like Halo where you can actually see stuff.

NE will never take part in 40 clan matches per week, let alone win 40. Why does some of that art look so good when in the game the colours are repressed in the real thing?

I meant 40 wins total. We've done about 70ish clan games.

You're just jealous i have more battle replay moments when you are other side of the map :p Tactically everyone can see everything. Good for strategies. Would love to have videos for showing off too but this is also good to have for planning.

Aside from the blue sky its accurate. In the game you play with winds blowing sand.

Edited by Choze

OK I'm not going to bother saying anything.

lol.

I'll be on tonight for some frags on the standard maps mainly. If anyone wants badges or unlocks let me know. Wouldnt mind setting up our own games which make it much easier to unlock while enjoying the game.

Cooky and I won a mad match. Shot Mike sadly as he was on the other side. Had some fun in the sniper only match too. Radar had perma red dots so it was tricky timing shots.

Yeah u did... I was rather impressed when i managed to get a kill in on u though! lol

Yeah i kept getting shot so i hid in the little room with the stairs and started attacking from there. Thats how i got Mike :p

Mike's team actually planted the bomb many times so it was a close one. I am glad i timed the spawns correctly.

News of the next map pack for sometime next month.

Awesome Trailer: http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/exclusive-killzone-2-flash-and-thunder-map-pack

Must see trailer imo :o

mp12_4.jpg

mp11_1.jpg

mp12_6.jpg

mp12_2.jpg

acxva6dohypg2i3u9n_115.jpg

z6ubipmnk1vjkzmzvd5l_117.jpg

iqijia9dkh1r4bbbelg6_118.jpg

rqcw7gp5i689d92v0uzq_123.jpg

367e2nrh41f7yb7aryh_112.jpg

Lets see how they handle weather. One of the maps has a blast radius which goes off with warning beforehand. You can see it in the trailer.

Visari from KZ1 does the voice. A patch is also coming for end of this month so details soon.

The two levels are odes to the Beach Head and Southern Hills levels from the first Killzone. Both are fan favorites from the first game, but have been re-envisioned with Killzone 2’s engine and overall technology. The levels also offer a unique twist that will truly keep players on their toes, so watch out for an explosive gameplay element that will have you running for cover, or risk a quick death.

In the Beach Head map, the ISA must defend their stronghold after the Helghast land on the sandy Vektan beaches. As torrential rain and gale-force winds batter the landscape, the relatively small size of the level creates a frantic hand-to-hand battleground, with the water filled craters supplying only limited cover. Picking your way across the harsh terrain, you will find many opportunities to sneak up on the enemy and take them down at close range. And if you’re able to get to them in one piece, there are also lots of higher ground sniper spots to explore…

In the Southern Hills map, the battle takes place around a central Helghast base on top of a hill. The compound is surrounded by smaller structures, creating a level that facilitates close-quarter fights within the built-up areas, as well as long-range shoot-outs in-between them. Ideal for 24 to 32 player games, the base camps in this version have been beefed up considerably, so expect to find more hiding places than in the original Killzone counterpart.

Edited by Choze

It's not a must-see it's just a good narrator and dynamic music trying to cover up the fact that those maps look average and gimmicky.

Well lets play them first :p

They are based on KZ1 maps (with more density of structures and objects) so they are quite traditional in design compared to the last map pack. One of the maps has a hazzard like KZ1 but it happens only once every 5 minutes. KZ1 players say the maps are a good choice for their layout so definitely looking forward to it here. Need to get all my trophies for the last one too :)

They could do more than change the brightness a bit though. The Vetka Cruiser was a refreshing map because you could actually see stuff. The ones in the trailer look like Pyrrus but a bit darker and Helghan Induustries but a bit darker.

I don't give a shit about the different layout there needs to be a reinvention.

They could do more than change the brightness a bit though. The Vetka Cruiser was a refreshing map because you could actually see stuff. The ones in the trailer look like Pyrrus but a bit darker and Helghan Induustries but a bit darker.

I don't give a shit about the different layout there needs to be a reinvention.

You mean the darker colours. I certainly wouldnt mind more Corinth Crossing bright colours type look. The new map pack ones have unique weather effects though that were not in the game. Storms, rain/blizzard effects, pools of water etc. so lets see. It would be cool if they give us a filters unlock like Uncharted :p

Well I hope you enjoy wanking over those weather effects in a months time. I'll save the fiver for when something worthy comes out.

Well personally i am confident they will be fun maps based on past experience. So lets see. No need to get worked up or angry :)

I regret buying Socom on download though :p Will rerent R2 to check it out again.

I wasn't angry.

I also regret downloading Socom. I haven't played it for ages, just takes too long to get into a game, and then once you die there is more waiting... Don't get R2 again, despite awesome controls and frantic online you may as well just wait for the third, which will be fucking awesome.

We should try some Socom tonight then.

Problem with the party system is that the games dwindle quickly. So lets try the server join friends method. 32 player stuff. Night time maps are fun.

For Insomniac i am very much interested in Ratchet for now. The weapons competition was quite fun to read. R3 announcement is likely a while to go.

youtubed:

Ratchet & Clank (the first one) won't be topped by any sequel, unless they reduce the number of items/weapons by at least a half. 3 real-time inventories still wasn't enough for ToD...

Needs more platforming as well. Still was a fun game though. That was my first.

Seriously if Jak and Daxter comes i would be really happy. After playing Mario Galaxy we need more platformers.

I have subscribed to a deathmatch tournament. It starts at 11pm today. Anyone welcome just turn up 5 minutes before 11 as it may lock out people.

Lets hope we win :D

P.S since its deathmatch the numbers dont matter too much.

Edited by Choze

New patch should be announced very soon in the next couple of days but it will include some more control choices(more fine tuning of sensitivity etc. i think) and i think toggle for cover/crouch for those using alt1 and 2 control schemes. Other stuff too.

e3 stuff i have no clue as they announced new DLC for around that time despite saying ages ago to keep an eye on e3. But since its new content, anything can happen. Maybe coop with an all new mode?

How does this work? I want to kick your ass Choze, purely on behalf of your overexposure to the game and news and various papercraft!

Its on.

I will be on now till 9ish(new dlc maps and old rotation) then a break and back on by 10:30.

Lets stick to the traditional maps. I miss Saluman Market.