N-Europe

Killzone 2

Daft

Coming on now.

Here is my piece on the Edge review on Killzone 2.

http://remedialwaste.wordpress.com/2009/03/02/killzone-2-the-edge-of-reason/

Got a couple of comments already so I thought you guys might like it.

Contains swears.

Its hardly just Edge though. Politics, system biases, advertising and other factors always come into play with all games.

Good thing is plenty are making up their own minds regarding Killzone 2. :D

The beta was a really good idea IMO. Sold me more than any review ever could.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Edge was the one that caused the biggest noise and if anything the article was more about discrediting Edge than Killzone 2.

We all still on for 8? Anyone going to set up a room?

True. I hope people judge for themselves rather than rely on reviews. Many of the reviews were poor to read and laden with nonsense.

Coming on. Tv is taken but i will steal it. :heh:

Well just finished the single player clocking in at 7 hrs 6 mins...Personally I did actually prefer Resistances solo effort. I think this is mainly down to the story and that I felt more into the Resistance story and more invested in its lore and what it has to offer. I find the Chimera converting of humans and sweeping across the world more interesting than two very similar regimes stuck in the war cycle. Having said that Killzone 2 did pick up towards the end and by the final cut scene I did start to feel for Sev and as things started to unravel around him, wondered where things would go... Also mechanically I prefer Killzone and think the two are perhaps on a par when it comes to set pieces.

One thing that did strike me as odd is how much it makes the effort of using the first person view for so much and really getting the player immersed in the experience in an almost half life way, showing off some great moments all in 1st person view... but then it randomly takes you out of this when it suits for 3rd person cut scenes...couple this with the fact that you character barely speaks for the first half of the game and as such has little narrative concerning him other than his role as a grunt until that point and its not hard to see why whilst the ending tries to evoke emotions around Sev and his plight in this war the player can be left feeling nothing...

God that last sentence was a mouthful and makes little sense...will try and tidy up my views later on the single player..but now half an hours multiplayer before Heroes is on.

Caris, the scout class is the last rank, which is the General rank. With that you unlock the cloak ability and the sniper. Once you cloak so many times you can spot and mark (or something like that) the enemies which broadcasts the position of them to everyone's map.

Hope that's cleared things up.

Just as well Daft, I would've creamed you even more than yesterday :wink:

Will be interesting if Guerilla respond to the control criticisms, usually developers are pretty stubborn. Maybe this'll get Aimless and MatTheHat to stop whining.

Right I'm done for the night on this. Just unlocked the medic badge and have been doing much better, getting higher kill scores and lower death ratings. Still not managing to hit the highs I'm capable in games like CoD though. But it was fun. Sat and played on the Pyrrhus level for about an hour. Was a good group of players but the tactics on that level are always the same so it does get a bit boring. Still, at least the levels not as bad as Radec Academy. That one is shocking.

That was nice, didn't play for that long, just a half-hour job. In that time I sneaked in 2 ribbons for 10x sniper kill and 2 ribbons for disguise kill, so my plan of unlocking a better scope for the sniper and being able to lay C4 is underway. After getting C4 I will try and unlock it for the scout.

Then I will rule!

dr-evil.jpg

Finally gotten into a game and played 2 matches so not leaving lol..

EDIT

See what your saying mike but not had any problems with any other games or internet devices..

hmm, i'm no internet wiz so i cant really suggest anything tbh but when i was having problems with CoD4 not letting me online yet every other game was fine i was told to try resetting my router which seemed to work...

With all the problems the killzone website and stuff is having though u could just be really unlucky and it has something to do with their problems.

Or they just dont like u :laughing:

damn it...was having a stormer (by my standards) and got disconnected GRRR! I'm really beginning to lose my tether with this...its actually starting to impend on my enjoyment now as I am losing stats and playtime...

mike I tried resetting my router this morning to resolve it, both by unplugging it and doing an actual reset and made no odds...

I'm not happy at all, managed to get in just 3 games tonight so far...

Just as well Daft, I would've creamed you even more than yesterday :wink:

Will be interesting if Guerilla respond to the control criticisms, usually developers are pretty stubborn. Maybe this'll get Aimless and MatTheHat to stop whining.

And there was me being good not whining for at least 2 pages!

But now you mention it, I would definatley cream my pants and unbanish my copy of KZ2 back from the bottom of my PS3 collection if that were to happen :wink: