N-Europe

Killzone 2

Daft

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i have Warhawk and Bad Company right now.

COd4 shall be coming soon too. I just sold it again because people pay obscene amounts for it.

And rightly so, it pisses all over that little girls game Resistance 2! Jeez, people who play that game online need to play a mans game.

And rightly so, it pisses all over that little girls game Resistance 2! Jeez, people who play that game online need to play a mans game.

Not to sure about that. R2 fills a need that COD4 does not. Same goes for Warhawk or Bad Company. COD4 may be more popular but its not like those games either.

Edit: Personally i do prefer COD4's VS to R2's ;) But i also really like Bad Company too.

Crysis isnt bad either but its overwhelming too often.

I still say the KZ2 beta is the best though. Takes the best bits of alot of good games.

:p ^ He was only joking Choze!

Even though you both prefer COD, this is going to be a running theme throughout the topic I think. I mean I really think it's great that a realistic shooter lets you control dogs that kill opponents for you. If that's your thing :awesome:

CODWAW was weak. The single player was annoying with hide and poke shots. Then get to invisble line. What nonsense. The multiplayer wasnt bad but nothing on COD4. Killer dogs cant save it! :p

I noticed its reviewing very well for a PS3 game. Typical comments, random criticisms and snarkiness aside it has got an excellent response. Though there still seems to be resentment that its a PS3 shooter, and Killzone 2 especially.

Cant wait for everyone to join in the multiplayer :D

:p ^ He was only joking Choze!

Even though you both prefer COD, this is going to be a running theme throughout the topic I think. I mean I really think it's great that a realistic shooter lets you control dogs that kill opponents for you. If that's your thing :awesome:

Your thinking of CoD WaW... They are talking about CoD4. :p

PS: I also prefer CoD4.

I think a 31 kill streak on CoD4 on the 360 with no deaths qualifies me perfectly to bring a wooping to your ass! :heh: I'll more than happily take you on once Killzone 2 has been released, however when I'm ready as I haven't yet played a true FPS on the PS3 (Fallout 3 doesn't count).

I think a 31 kill streak on CoD4 on the 360 with no deaths qualifies me perfectly to bring a wooping to your ass! :heh: I'll more than happily take you on once Killzone 2 has been released, however when I'm ready as I haven't yet played a true FPS on the PS3 (Fallout 3 doesn't count).

Last time I checked inviting a group of 8 year olds with mental issues to join your game so you could whoop their ass doesn't qualify as skill. Your a lightweight gamer, Cod 4 is for people who can only handle weapons from this world.

I have harder targets than you.

^ haha. We'll see. What you've said could be reciprocated at you, however I won't stoop as low as to call your credentials into question with stating you've been playing 8 y.o. kids with mental issues. The only thing I'll say is we'll see what happens when we finally meet on Killzone 2. As for the lightweight gamer remark, you have no idea how wrong you are. :awesome:

^ urgh.... a camper? That's not the proper way to play. Don't think I'll bother challenging you after all if you're a cheater camper as that's not the way to play. Although I'll probably just do it to show you how to play the game, and FPS' online, properly.

But anyway, enough arguing. All I'm hearing is, to use the metaphor correctly, a dog barking and don't see much of a bite. Just some teething problems. :heh:

^ urgh.... a camper? That's not the proper way to play. Don't think I'll bother challenging you after all if you're a cheater camper as that's not the way to play. Although I'll probably just do it to show you how to play the game, and FPS' online, properly.

Camping annoys the shit out of me. If I'm playing an FPS, I don't want to wait around being bored, I want to run around and play. This is why I've always loved the UT series, and TF2 is also great.

recent Q&A with Killzone 2 designers. Useful for those who were not in the beta.

http://www.gamersdigest.net/753/killzone-2-developer-qa-part-1/

Two parts

Highlights:

• You can choose to play against people in your region or worldwide

• Multiplayer will let you play music from the XMB, no screenshot ability etc on release, might patch it in.

• We have 3 difficulty settings for bots.

• Can nearby enemies hear you on proximity chat, similar to SOCOM? Sure.

• We have a Join Friend option.

• Will Killzone 2 Multiplayer have a Prestige mode like CoD4? No we don’t have prestige mode.

• Can someone make their own clan tournament? or are tournaments controlled by Guerilla Games? Can do both.

• How does each round of the tournament work? Is there a time in which all the games must be completed by? Is it up to the clans when to decide to play each other? You can set up the time between the rounds yourself. Can make a round a night, or multiple rounds in one day. The person setting up the tournament decides this.

• How many of each rank can you have? One leader, as many officers as you want, a total of 64 clan members.

• With features does the clan system have, beside the valour points? You get your own clan page where you can post news, challenge rivals and manage your clan in-game and also plenty of functionality on the official Killzone site that links back into the game.

Good luck getting it soon. Then again you have 4 weeks.

GAME and Gameplay changed there 'out of stock' message to 'instock' this afternoon. I ordered one off gameplay for £17.99 and my order status is 'preparing for dispatch' so i should hopefully have it in the next few days!

GAME and Gameplay changed there 'out of stock' message to 'instock' this afternoon. I ordered one off gameplay for £17.99 and my order status is 'preparing for dispatch' so i should hopefully have it in the next few days!

Excellent. Will come in handy.

What title should we use for the clan? N-E Elites?

Hehe the camping is a big issue with many games. I like to do both, they're both different skills. Managing where to camp, how to get there, being able to escape or kill from close range with secondary weapon etc is a skill, but not one to boast about or fun for long.

I find it enjoyable to know that you've pissed someone off on the other side of the world by getting a crap kill. There's obviously a flip-side. At least you can't win deathmatches with it, although Killzone 2 doesn't offer free-for-all.

I'm looking forward to playing alongside you all just as much as rofling everyone by myself. The clans in other games haven't really taken off but if we could get everyone on consistantly that would be awesome. I think we should call the clan 'Emperor Dwarf and his little minions'. Has a nice ring to it.