NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
rokhed00

Virgin Media and torrents

Any word on Tiscali/Pipex doing this?

Fortunately I don't really use torrents all that often..

There are other ways of getting your daily fix than torrents, you know. ;)

For music;

• Youtube/Myspace + Windows Sound Recorder

• http://www.stationripper.com

• Google Searches

• SSH Tunnel (if you can be arsed to go to those lengths)

• Newsgroups (if you don't mind paying)

Music companies are fucked, they know it, we know it. They just want to blame everyone but themselves :hmm:

Rapidshare :D

< Actually buys a month of rapidshare a month. Its actually really worth it.

For music;

• Youtube/Myspace + Windows Sound Recorder

• http://www.stationripper.com

• Google Searches

• SSH Tunnel (if you can be arsed to go to those lengths)

• Newsgroups (if you don't mind paying)

Music companies are fucked, they know it, we know it. They just want to blame everyone but themselves :hmm:

\None of these are a good substitute for a good private torrent site however. I'm not really familiar with newsgroups but from my limited knowledge I don't think they'll have quite the selection, especially in regards to quality.

Most stuff that goes up on torrents (at least TV-wise) was downloaded from a newsgroup first. If you ever see a multi-part rar file torrent, it's because of newsgroups.

Shit. Seriously?

I only have a few more weeks left at home I guess. Sod it.

Bad idea, Uni's will block you from the internet in accommodation if they catch you (and they will) lawbreaking on it.

Most stuff that goes up on torrents (at least TV-wise) was downloaded from a newsgroup first. If you ever see a multi-part rar file torrent, it's because of newsgroups.

While this is true it's still not a replacement for torrent sites. They have other advantages, like the community aspect and a great deal of content is generated inside them. Stuff that trickles down from the scene, like the content is newsgroups is pretty crap, if fast. The best quality releases are almost exclusively from torrent sites.

So is the combination of WarezBB and rapidshare the way to go then if using Virgin Media?

Rapidshare :D

< Actually buys a month of rapidshare a month. Its actually really worth it.

Absolutely, that and forumw are so much better than torrents. Guarenteed high speeds, no need to worry about how many peers or seeds it has.

Yet places like Blackcats continue to release things that don't show up on newsgroups, as well as categorise almost every game.

i think i need to get on the newsgroups then. how much do they cost? do they have music, or just film/tv?

Sign in to follow this