NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Leipzig 08 Topic

Some of Sonys Conference has been leaked.

Sony's Leipzig press conference has the limelight all to itself at this year's Games Convention, what with Microsoft saying nothanks.jpg and Nintendo not even bothering to show up. So it's press conference will be full of surprises! And shocks! And all kinds of things you've never heard nor dreamed about! And...oh, wait. Gamekyo have snuck into Sony's presser rehearsal, caught wind of some of it and spilled the beans. Seeing as there are those amongst you who still like to be surprised by this kind of thing, we'll post the spoilers after the jump.

Before we start, note they caught only part of the rehearsal, not the whole thing. So there's plenty of room for a major announcement or two. But here's what they did see:

Heavy Rain: a new trailer was shown, revealing in-game footage for the first time.

LittleBigPlanet : a new trailer, with producer Pete Smith coming on-stage to give us all a final public walkthrough of the game ahead of its release.

SingStar: there's a major focus on SingStar in Sony's conference, unsurprising considering the popularity of the series in Europe. Interestingly, Gamekyo say the focus will be on a "new" SingStar for the PS3, which ties in with SCEE boss David Reeve's promise to unveil a "next generation" version of the game at Leipzig. What this means for the existing "next generation" SingStar is anybody's guess.

Here are a few trailers from various games from the show so far.

Killzone 2 Multiplayer Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38549.html

Resident Evil 5 Extended Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38538.html

EndWar

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38492.html

Shadow Harvest

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38533.html

EDIT: More leaked info from Sonys press conference.

VG247 has learnt this morning that the “next generation” of EyeToy is to be shown in the Sony press conference at Games Convention today.

We weren’t told what the game would be specifically, but we do know Sony considers the reveal to be a significant part of the conference, which takes place at the show at 5.00pm CET.

Sony’s press conference is leaking a little this morning, with a Gamekyo story based on a sneak look at a run-through of the event yesterday revealing that a new version of SingStar it to feature heavily in the presentation.

I LOVE Singstar! So anything about that is great! When they say next-gen EyeToy..surely they just mean a new game cause they will use the camera already out won't they?

Part of the new Eyetoy thing must be something to do with that video shown a while back where you could draw something on a piece of paper and manipulate it..if you recall...

EDIT: Good old Kotaku has every video i'm talking about..:D You remember the 'fish' tank? Looking back, if this is in the new eye toy play 2 then the game is gonna rock!

Does that new EyeToy mean another camera? Because I already have a Playstation Eye and I'll be pissed off if I have to upgrade.

I doubt it will be a new camera.

Either way I won't be too fussed as I still have Singstar and the camera to pick up ^_^

More rumours.

Word around the rumour-mill this afternoon hints at something called EyePet. We’ll leave that with you, and catch up again at 4PM GMT for the Sony Conference, unless anything groundbreaking occurs.

If this is true im assuming it will be some form of Nintendogs clone.

I want an EyeDog!!

If true, sold. But only if I can take it for walks in Home.

Make it happen.

It looks like there are no live streams kicking about so here are a couple of blogs.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=218944

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2008/08/20/leipzig-2008-themegapost/

Eurogamer is the best bet for the Sony Conference.

New PSP model has just been shown it has a new, brighter LCD screen and a built in microphone. Launches on 15th Oct for 199 EUR.

heavy ran looks gorgeous. I love Farenheit...one of my favourite games...so this is just wow..

New Heavy Rain screens :o

xatmxh.jpg

16qxlc.jpg

SCE America Announces Limited-Edition Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Bundle Featuring New 160GB PS3

The Uncharted: Drake's Fortune PS3 bundle includes the following components:

160GB PS3 system -- The 160GB PS3 is a complete entertainment system comprising a Blu-ray Disc player, HDMI output, an integrated Wi-Fi connection, and Cell Broadband Engine.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune -- A 400-year-old clue found in the coffin of Sir Francis Drake sets a modern-day fortune hunter, Nathan Drake, on an exploration for the fabled treasure of El Dorado, leading to the discovery of a forgotten island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. The search turns deadly when Drake becomes stranded on the island and hunted by mercenaries. Outnumbered and outgunned, Drake and his companions must fight to survive as they begin to unravel the terrible secrets hidden on the Island.

PAIN PLAYSTATION Network Voucher* -- PAIN boldly tackles a rarely explored area of video-gaming ... comedy. The unique mechanic of the game allows the player to load a character into a human-sized, ultra-powerful slingshot, and fire the character into an active, physics-controlled environment, filled with precarious and humorous situations. Download PAIN from PLAYSTATION Store (http://store.playstation.com) to your PS3 system with the included voucher.

DUALSHOCK 3 Wireless Controller -- DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller provides the most intuitive game play experience with pressure sensors in each action button and the inclusion of the highly sensitive SIXAXIS motion sensing technology.

Interesting. Wonder if theyw ill Bundle Burnout? Also MGS4 should be mandatory :)

Interesting. Wonder if theyw ill Bundle Burnout? Also MGS4 should be mandatory :)

Sony should do a LBP 120GB version.

120gb? is that the size they are going with i thought it was 80GB.

Its best to just buy your own HDD. You can even buy fast drives in 320gb now and 500GB capacity.

2781722342_c342129cd5.jpg

Cool thing is it has a touch sensor so you can use it as a mouse (like a laptop).

keypad.jpg

Killzone 2 looks improved: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38627.html

The 160GB PS3 bundle is also coming to Europe! Apparently its launching on October 31st. Don't know the price though.

"We're not copying Microsoft! Ours clips onto the top, not the bottom!"

The 160GB looks quite nice, apparently it's going to be €50 more than 80GB model so if they are nice to Britain it may only be £30 more than 80GB. With this in mind I may wait to get a PS3 till Xmas :)

Edit: Just heard that 160GB will only be in a bundle? I think the info released so far is not too clear but will have to wait and see.

"We're not copying Microsoft! Ours clips onto the top, not the bottom!"

Too bad MS didnt use a touch sensor here ;)

I am sure Ms felt proud when Sony copied their idea of using a disk based system...

Too bad Sony used Blu Ray as well.

Story of 360.

Holy shit Choze. How old are you? No seriously. You act like a 13 year old Gametrailers forum user with that fanboy tone.

That keyboard should have no problem outlasting the crappy one on my laptop

Holy shit Choze. How old are you? No seriously. You act like a 13 year old Gametrailers forum user with that fanboy tone.

and ofcourse Gizmo is fine.

When i read his post it seemed as if he said it in jest.

No announcement of a mouse for the 360 then? I just played c and c 3 demo on the 360 pad eughh it sucks so bad. My computer is a pile of crap so I will only be able to play red alert 3 on the 360 sadly.

Sign in to follow this