N-Europe

Most Underated songs

Guest Maase

How do you under-rate a song? By not getting exposure? I could name a huuuuuuge list of people and songs that are underrated from my iTunes library. Wolf Like Me by TV On The Radio instantly springs to mind. Sigh, Maase...

Guest Maase

Exactly, not getting enough exposure as it should.

The song i showed at the first post should be heard in every school at least once per year, its so beautiful and awesome, i feel kinda gay hearing it, tough :X

But there are millions of songs that could be classed as underrated, as there are millions of bands that have yet to be discovered.

As an example, I provide me. My music is horribly underrated and underexposed! Boo! :P

But most of us here will have more "unknown" or "unpopular" music than we have the opposite, making it kinda redundant.

And how do we know if something's popular? More people know who Goldfrapp are compared to Portishead, but Portishead are in no way "unknown".

I would have to say that Fish-era Marillion were one of the most underrated bands ever. They were so often compared to Genesis, but Fish had this wonderfully fragile genius in songs like "Lavender" and "Sugar Mice" that went unappreciated.

"Kayleigh" was their big hit, but I think "Lavender" is a much more meaningful piece of music for me.

Also, Def Leppard's "When Love and Hate Collide" which while big in the UK, was never truly given the exposure it deserved in the face of bands like Bon Jovi.