NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
darkjak

What's missing

So for the last few week's we've all been bitcing (yes me too) that there are too few games to look forward to on Wii.

So I ask you, what would you want?

GTA: Future

There's no point in porting GTA4 to the Wii since it would be inferior to the other versions, and porting the old last gen games would feel like a fraud. How about an exclusive game that takes place in another city, namely the one where GTA2 takes place, and let it take place in the future. Graphics better than the last gen ones which were optimised for the PS2, and running on an upgraded version of the GTA: San Andreas game engine.

Nintendo GT

A realistic racer that kicks Gran Turismo squarelly in the nuts by having more fun tracks (in other words, no more GT-ish "oh, look, more concrete!"), damage and downloadable cars, for which you pay with, what else, Wii Points (10-20 points per car or something would be great).

Firefight

A first person shooter that makes a homage to the 1990's action movies, with

*epic soundtrack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcELXl8GoiQ

*overly cool shootouts with epic guns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTmgpst1I6w

And of course marines dying like flies who need saving, and developed by Retro Studios using the Metroid Prime engine.

Pilotwings 3

A new Pilotwings. Need I say more?

JRPGs and lots of them.

Im still hoping we get a Skies of Arcadia 2 but then to be fair I really wouldnt care what console we get it on aslong as it comes out!

somthing that isnt designed for my gran to play.

ok, serisouly, id like anouther fire emblem, a decent rpg, a few more mature titles, been playing lots of call of duty and have to say, its nie not to have the sun smile away all the time.

A new IP from Nintendo that is not a party/casual game. I think the last original "traditional" game Nintendo made was Pikmin in 2001, that's 7 years ago... I want a sophisiticated game that uses Wii controller in new ways and doesn't have anything to do with the Mario/Zelda universe.

Pilotwings or Starfox. Ideally made by Factor 5 or Nintendo themselves. The Wii controller is perfect for these types of games.

F-Zero, Burnout or Ridge Racer. A fast-paced, arcadey racer.

right now, anything will do.

I can't recall a time when Nintendo has been so dried up. Not even its worst performing home machine, N64, suffered this badly. There was always something on the horizon.

F-Zero Wii - With Decent story mode, more diverse tracks, and 30 player online.

Starfox Wii - Though more like the N64 version than the awful GCN ones.

An FPS to compete with Halo from Retro.

A 1st party RPG.

A pokemon RPG similar to Colosseum and XD only in a new region with some new thing other than shadow pokemon.

Metroid 5. Running on the SSBB engine.

Honestly, I cannot think of one title that I'll be pumped for.

Perhaps another Zelda, but I'd have my doubts.

1) Zelda. A Zelda game is the thing that makes me pick up any Nintendo console, which is why I haven't got a Wii yet. Sure, I pick up the Mario title as soon as possible, but it's Zelda that actually makes me buy the machine.

2) A game that proves motion controls/3D controls actually improve normal, 3rd-person action games. This could be Zelda, Kid Icarus or something else. The pointer controls are very good, but I don't think the current motion controls can be used any better than in Wii Sports. After all, Nintendo itself has not shown otherwise. Hopefully this is a job for MotionPlus.

1) Zelda. A Zelda game is the thing that makes me pick up any Nintendo console, which is why I haven't got a Wii yet. Sure, I pick up the Mario title as soon as possible, but it's Zelda that actually makes me buy the machine.

2) A game that proves motion controls/3D controls actually improve normal, 3rd-person action games. This could be Zelda, Kid Icarus or something else. The pointer controls are very good, but I don't think the current motion controls can be used any better than in Wii Sports. After all, Nintendo itself has not shown otherwise. Hopefully this is a job for MotionPlus.

You know, they really did improve Twilight princess. I think Mad World uses motion controls quite a bit to improve gameplay also (though thats 3rd party).

F-Zero Wii - With Decent story mode, more diverse tracks, and 30 player online.

Starfox Wii - Though more like the N64 version than the awful GCN ones.

An FPS to compete with Halo from Retro.

A 1st party RPG.

A pokemon RPG similar to Colosseum and XD only in a new region with some new thing other than shadow pokemon.

Wait...what?!

Wait...what?!

I think it's be great!

The Samus model from SSB in a 2D explorathon! With ZSS being part of it too!

I had the same reaction as Goron_3 when Emasher mentioned Metroid running on the SSBB engine, but now I think about it, having that character model and bringing back a game in similar vein to Super Metroid (but revamped with the added bells and whistles) would be excellent.

Otherwise... Anything will do I guess. "Fresh" is the word!

A 2D Metroid would truly be amazing, but why the Brawl engine? Nintendo have some far better engines for a 2D scrolling games.

I'm sure many developers see Wii as a "cop out" in gaming. A marketting success, low-end machine with enough "brand" and "fad" behind it to make it a continued success beyond the Nintendo faithful. However, I certainly think this will change with motion plus.

Motion Plus should hopefully give Wii software a kick up the arse. Look at titles such as Tiger Woods and Top Spin. They just wont sell in vast numbers to core gamers as they know the controls will be pretty shoddy. Motion controls don't offer the full "realism" vibe, (which, c'mon is what 50+% of gamers were looking for as the graphics certainly weren't offering that jump.)

When motion plus comes people will be excited all over again. If real 1:1 motion titles become the norm, I forsee Wii software truly getting a second wind. Many top-end developers have shirked away from Wii yet with 1:1 being a reality I certainly think (and hope) many will return. Having spent a good amount of time with the next gen consoles and then realising they could be making a ton of cash on Wii with titles that appease core gamers (whilst offering their staff cutting edge programming skills, which could be the future of the industry) could be something devs flock to. Especially when the uber-successful console is coming into its second wind - with a 'new' drive behind it.

Nintendo could have kept motion plus (and therefore 1:1) for their next console yet I feel that the time frame, success of Wii/consumer base aswell as the brand have all come together to give Nintendo massive support when motion plus hits us in Spring 2009.

And that's what I've thought has been missing all along. True motion control.

No longer will most motion titles feel like "Your kidding yourself".

A 2D Metroid would truly be amazing, but why the Brawl engine? Nintendo have some far better engines for a 2D scrolling games.

TBH, I can't really think of any at the moment that would work better for metroid games. I guess its just how good that bit of SSE was where you were zero suit samus going through that base thing that makes me think of the brawl engine and metroid together.

I hope you're simply implying the graphical aspect of the SSE engine. Because, frankly, I found Smash controls just did not work as well as I hoped it would for a sidescroller.

Even so, the moveset is desinged for a fighter game. I certainly didn't hate SSE as much as many people did - I infact enjoyed it for the most part - but I definately wouldn't buy it as a full game.

Something Brawl was criticised for was that the controlls worked quite badly with the sidescroller attempt that the singleplayer was.

Even so, the moveset is desinged for a fighter game. I certainly didn't hate SSE as much as many people did - I infact enjoyed it for the most part - but I definately wouldn't buy it as a full game.

I didn't think the moveset was built into the engine. OoT ran on the same engine as Mario 64 but I didn't see link bouncing around hyrule.

... realising they could be making a ton of cash on Wii with titles that appease core casual gamers ...

My die-hard optimism slipped away for a sec there. But seriously, we need more devs like the Conduit guys who realises the Wii's full potential. I admit to not having seen the Conduit in action, and thus I can't judge their work, but what I'm hoping other devs to copy from them is their attitude towards the Wii.

I didn't think the moveset was built into the engine. OoT ran on the same engine as Mario 64 but I didn't see link bouncing around hyrule.

The image in my head ... :laughing:

super metroid remake

advanced wars for wii

f zero

a GOOD monkeyball game

a decent 4 player split screen fps game

super metroid remake

advanced wars for wii

f zero

a GOOD monkeyball game