Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Would You Give Your Life?

Kirkatronics

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking being a hero isn't so great if you're dead.

It's not like I'm going anywhere after this...so I kinda have to stay around as long as possible.

This is pretty much how I feel. There's no-one I can think of who I would save at the cost of my own life though I guess it depends what point in life I'm at. Right now the future's big and unknown so I want to hang on. If I was desperately unhappy then I would give my life for someone else - you might as well help someone on your way out.

If I was to give my life for someone else, say running to save someone from a burning building, it would be because I was gambling that I could save both lives. There's no reason for me to give my life for anyone as far as I can see. I won't feel good that I've saved them cus I'll be dead. I won't feel glad they get to live their life cus once I'm dead they won't exist to me anymore.

I think solipsism is the philosophical term for how I feel about the situation ( ::shrug: )

It's depends on the situaion entirely, for me though it would depend on my state of mind, if I'm in a bad patch I'd happily give it all up knowing that someone could continue their live and be happy, but if I'm stronger then I might want to fight more for myself, I feel harsh saying it but if I think I've got the potential to go on and make others happy for longer (and be alive at the same time too!) I would:yay:

I think solipsism is the philosophical term for how I feel about the situation ( ::shrug: )

Not exactly. Solipsism is the philosophical view that nothing you see, hear, or experience (i.e. everything outside your own mind) is necessarily real. No one can know for sure that anything else exists. Everything outside your mind may just be thoughts planted in your mind.

Wikipedia reference-linkSolipsism (Latin: solus, alone + ipse, self) is the philosophical idea that "My mind is the only thing that I know exists." Solipsism is an epistemological or metaphysical position that knowledge of anything outside the mind is unjustified. The external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist. In the history of philosophy, solipsism has served as a skeptical hypothesis.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!