N-Europe

Resistance 2

dwarf

No, in the game on competitive every hit you get XP, but when I llok at my stats it shows nothing... Even though I win games and stuff.

hmmm i was getting XP before after games am pretty certain....if not then that sucks thought that was just a beta problem...

I'm going online now...

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You only get XP from Ranked games. If you play in one of the searched custom rooms, then you will not get XP.

Yeah what he said...I usually just hit play when it comes to competitive matches doing ok so in them not setting the world alight exactly.

good co-op match before shame no one had mics except me!

Please everyone join the clan! let me know if u want an invite if your not sure how to do it...

I have played a few games online now, and I don't know whether its because I have plowed so much time into CoD4, but I am not feeling it tbh. It takes far too much ammo to kill someone.......which might be nitpicking to some, but its a game breaker for me.

EDIT: To join a clan, go to community, then clans, then invites, then accept invite.

I have played a few games online now, and I don't know whether its because I have plowed so much time into CoD4, but I am not feeling it tbh. It takes far too much ammo to kill someone.......which might be nitpicking to some, but its a game breaker for me.

EDIT: To join a clan, go to community, then clans, then invites, then accept invite.

Thats how i felt, except coop is really nice.

But it could be due to KZ2 beta that ruins all fps :heh:

I am up to the last level on this now and have found the single player a joy to play. It hasn't taken me all that long to get this far but I feel that the length of the single player is perhaps just about right owing to the immense multiplayer offering I think its good the single player is that little bit shorter and lends its self to a second play through.

I think a lot of the critisim aimed at the single player is a bit harsh. Edge especially. Their comment that take away the "sky boxes" etc... and you are left with a game far less in scale and epicness is misguided. Look at MGS 4 GTA 4, both have these epic scales lent durability and gusto by the surrounding areas....but they have their limits, GTA has all its dazzling lights etc... but despite an increased number of accessible buildings there are a ton of areas you cannot enter...remove all these buildings and the scope of the city is far less impressive.

I think Resistance does a great job of making you feel as if you are part of something far bigger and the situations offer so much variety and diversity, dare I say it more so than the Halo series? One area the game does fall down though is the A.I and compared to the likes of Halo it is a bit of a duff. The way the A.I's bullets seem to hit with stunning accuracy on the lower difficulty settings makes the game harder than it perhaps should be. It's annoying when you snap round a corner only to avalanched with bullets the second you edge out. Even more frustrating is the way enemies ignore your allies and bez it straight towards you. This is really annoying when fighting the bigger enemies and especially when fighting 2's and 3's as it can make it illogical and hard.

It is perhaps a balancing issue? They didn't want worse players cowering and relying on the AI but then also didn;t want the A.I to be a nuisance who has to be looked after. It could also just be badly scripted coding. I found one example especially annoying and noticeable when this happened. Was on the Orick level in a garden when spinners were hurtling towards us and ignored my squad mate who was knelt down on the fall a few feet ahead and just hurled towards me....

I like what they have tried to do with the story telling and they have clearly gone to a lot of effort to keep the point of view story mechanics in levels, this makes it all the more annoying when they step out of this for between level cut scenes. This was however clearly a design choice and it does help demonstrate Hale's detoriating health throughout, but perhaps this could have been approached in other ways?

All in all I have found the game great and can't wait to see how the final showdown shapes up.

I'm tempted by this game - didn't realise it had 60 online! Thats impressive.

I really, REALLY didn't like Fall of Man, so generic it makes Halo appear fresh!! But I never played it multiplayer.

Is this LOADS better?

Read above...in a word YES. I hated R;FoM. The single player was awful...I only played it for the story was I would know what as going on for the second one (needn't have bothered as it sums it all up at the beginning of 2 in a very speedy fashion...)

Retailers across the UK have yet to receive copies of the PlayStation 3 exclusive title Resistance 2, as distributor Entertainment UK struggles to supply stores before Christmas.

GamesIndustry.biz has learnt that EUK customers, Zavvi, WHSmith and Currys.digital are still awaiting their supply of the anticipated first-person shooter, originally released on Friday November 28.

www.gamesindustry.biz

Sony dont like sales? :wtf:

Retailers across the UK have yet to receive copies of the PlayStation 3 exclusive title Resistance 2, as distributor Entertainment UK struggles to supply stores before Christmas.

GamesIndustry.biz has learnt that EUK customers, Zavvi, WHSmith and Currys.digital are still awaiting their supply of the anticipated first-person shooter, originally released on Friday November 28.

www.gamesindustry.biz

Sony dont like sales? :wtf:

ASDA and Morrissons also have also not had any stock. Not just Resistance 2 was effected, they got no stocks of any new games or replenish stock of current games. I was told Entertainment UK come into the Woolworths group who have gone into administration and thats why nothing has been delivered.

Yeah Entertainment UK are a part of the Woolworths group and one of the biggest suppliers of games, cds and dvds to retailers in the UK

Shit time of the year for them to go under ent it!

I went into ASDA on friday to see how much they were selling Resistance 2 and Sonic Unleashed, only to my horror that there was nothing there!

Not bought Resistance yet anyway as i currently have had quite a few games resontly, 2 of them being shooters. Don't want to get bogged down with the same kinda game but it is very tempting...

Shit time of the year for them to go under ent it!

I went into ASDA on friday to see how much they were selling Resistance 2 and Sonic Unleashed, only to my horror that there was nothing there!

Not bought Resistance yet anyway as i currently have had quite a few games resontly, 2 of them being shooters. Don't want to get bogged down with the same kinda game but it is very tempting...

well read my views above and you'll be sure to be in for cracker when you do pick it up trust me.

well read my views above and you'll be sure to be in for cracker when you do pick it up trust me.

I know! I have been lurking over this thread reading up on opinions. Also i have had a friend from work get it and he has been saying how good it is.

Arh, i'm trying to be 'good' in not buying 2 many games at once but the temptation is great... Seeing Motorstorm 2 for just under £25 ent helping either...

I really really like the campaign, it is very good. Basically just very fun and never really samey like in FoM.

Online is uber as well.

One of my favourite games definitely.

Yeah there's the minor issue of the Chimera running at just you, but I have found that they don't pick solely on you when shooting. Anyway, there are very few problems so it doesn't really detract from the experience.

Apart from the invisible freaks which are truely gay and unnecessary. You're in a firefight, start to move forwards when you hear the roar from one and it is instant kill...