N-Europe

Upload speed = 40kbps, wtf?

Bren

My upload speed is 40 kbps, i dont know why its that shit, but it is, i cant host or anything on the 360 its startin to do me head in. Is it a problem with my router? Or should i just ring up sky and talk to there "help" for a few hours?

Please help!!

Generally your upload speed will be less than your download speed. If you want a better upload speed, your going to need to get a better package from your ISP. Thats how it works in Canada anyway, I assume its the same over there.

Usually this will be due to something changing.

Make sure all your lines have micro filters, check nobody is leeching off your wi fi, make sure there aren't torrent programs running, check for lingering programs in task manager that might be taking the bandwidth for some reason. Restart the router. Check for spyware. Check for viruses.

Bear in mind 40KB/s is 320Kb/s, the larger of those figures is often quoted as the upload speed.

Most ISPs give 256kb/s-768kb/s - this can be a lot more on ADSL2 or some other newer connection, up to 2.5Mb/s.

40KB/s is shite, but it may not be completely unusual for your ISP, contact Sky and ask them when you should expect to see.

If however you do mean 40Kb/s, then that chokes on black dicks and something is wrong.