NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
stuwii

Component to scart for 360

Will component to scart on my tv get a good resolution

The scart enables CVBS , RGB AND S-VHS

I also have a dvi slot for hd but i dont not understand what to do-as i will have no audio

Using a scart adaptor will get exactly the same image quality as using the yellow (composite) video connection.

Scart doesn't compare to DVI.

Try plugging in your computer's sound, or an MP3 player, in your TV, and see how to get sound in your TV's DVI mode. You can make the 360 work the same way. Or maybe, you know, just check the manual.

Using a scart adaptor will get exactly the same image quality as using the yellow (composite) video connection.

So component will just be downgraded?

Will component to scart on my tv get a good resolution

The scart enables CVBS , RGB AND S-VHS

I also have a dvi slot for hd but i dont not understand what to do-as i will have no audio

Another thread :shakehead

Are you kidding me? I explained it twice.

Another thread :shakehead

Are you kidding me? I explained it twice.

Chuck please draw this

to

hdmi

adaptor

dvi slot

Wheres audio

360 HDMI cable:

Xbox%20360%20HDMI%20AV%20Cable.jpg

You connect HDMI in the right plug at the top. The two other copper connectors are left and right sound, that's right. Get RCA connectors for the sound, and get a DVI adapter for the HDMI plug.

Chuck please draw this

to

hdmi

adaptor

dvi slot

Wheres audio

I thought you said it wasnt likely you would get a hdmi 360. The previous post is good. I guess Ill post some pics

Buy the 360 VGA cable. Buy a VGA - DVI adaptor.

Plug the VGA cable in to the DVI adaptor, and plug the lot in to your DVI socket.

There should be a pair of Red + White cables as part of the VGA cable, these go in the Red + White sockets next to your DVI socket.

Buy the 360 VGA cable. Buy a VGA - DVI adaptor.

Plug the VGA cable in to the DVI adaptor, and plug the lot in to your DVI socket.

There should be a pair of Red + White cables as part of the VGA cable, these go in the Red + White sockets next to your DVI socket.

Nope that will not work onlu one dvi audio input

Nope that will not work onlu one dvi audio input

The DVI input will work with your red and white audio connectors (which any TV with composite inputs has), trust us we know what we're talking about.

The DVI input will work with your red and white audio connectors (which any TV with composite inputs has), trust us we know what we're talking about.

Which one should you use red or white as their is only one dvi audio input

So the TV is Mono?

Would you mind giving us a link to the TV?

What colour is the audio input? IIRC you use white in mono sound (but im not sure it actually matters tbh)

It's most likely an audio jack, and that means you'll need a converter.

This is slightly complicated so I'll illustrate it to you. Stuwii, first of all you need the HDMI cable shown above. I'll post it again:

Xbox%20360%20HDMI%20AV%20Cable.jpg

Now, as you'll notice, the cable has two audio ouputs - one for left and one for right audio. The copper connectors on the right cable are those outputs. First of all you need cables to connect your audio to anything. Because you only have one audio input, you need a cable like this:

minijack_cable.jpg

Any electronics store should have them, and they shouldn't cost too much.

Finally, to connect the video, you need to put this HDMI to DVI adapter on top of the cable end you connect to your TV.

AD-ATI-HDMI-DVI.jpg

So you need three things:

- Xbox 360 HDMI cable

- 2x RCA to 3.5 mm audio jack cable

- HDMI to DVI adapter

It's probably best to print out the pictures I posted to the store, so the people there can help you out.

This is sooo silly. Does your tv seriously only have scart and dvi? Could you link us to your tv or give us the model number, we would be able to help you so much more if we knew what tv you had.

This is sooo silly. Does your tv seriously only have scart and dvi? Could you link us to your tv or give us the model number, we would be able to help you so much more if we knew what tv you had.

This is cosco we are on about

This is cosco we are on about

Okay, that narrows it down a little. Any more info you're willing to divulge?

Costco do stock some very good TVs you know? The same stock as Currys for the most part (with a splashing of Argos)

Does your tv seriously only have scart and dvi?

I should point out most TV's in the UK only have scart and dvi...

I should point out most TV's in the UK only have scart and dvi...

I should point out that you are wrong. Most TVs don't have DVI, it's a standard on PC monitors, not TVs. Most UK TVs will have Scart and Composite at the bare minimum, with Component and HDMI being a lot more common than DVI.

I have a similar(ish) query that I didn't see the point in making a fresh thread for. I have this monitor, which doubles up as an HDTV, which has a range of input options (here is a photo of the rear panel). My PC is connected via the VGA input, so if I was to connect a 360 which of the available inputs would be the best option? Also, would I receive a clearer picture for my PC if I bought a dongle to connect it to the DVI-D input instead?

Thanks

You'll get a perfectly good picture with a HDMI or component cable, assuming your 360 is new enough to have a HDMI port.

I don't think using DVI-D instead of DVI is going to make a big difference but someone else might know better on that front.

It's so new I haven't actually bought it yet :P. I'm just in my pre-purchase research mode atm.

Concerning the PC connection, I was more interested in the difference between VGA and DVI, as I have both options available on this monitor.

DVI has an ever so slightly sharper picture and of course the data is split out further across the pins rather than forcing alot of data through fewer pins.

But from a consumer stand point? It means basically jack all.

Sign in to follow this