NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Nintendo Skips Leipzig and Hits The Road

I read this earlier today but seeing as no one has posted it I thought I might aswell.

In August 2008, Nintendo Germany will not be present at the Games Convention in Leipzig with its own booth.

Over the past months, the company has had many positive experiences with smaller, local events and national promotional tours, at which it presented the highly original gameplay concepts for the portable Nintendo DS and the home console Wii.

Going into the second half of 2008, Nintendo will favour being present at nationwide events rather than a central trade show: its videogames will be experienced at various outings and within different surroundings.

“Following the E3 trade show this year, Nintendo will start a nationwide roadshow, in order to inform our media and trade partners about the newest games as early as possible,†Nintendo Germany´s General Manager, Dr. Bernd Fakesch added.

Thoughts?

Well all I can say is gutted. I was thinking about going to Leipzig as well. I don't see why they pulled out this time though. Nothing stopped them the years before.

E3 for Nintendo has to be the bomb to be perfectly honest..otherwise..there flow in the market is slowly going to stop...

I'm not too bothered about Leipzig...hell i'm not bothered about any conferences anymore...Just announce some games!

...When is E3 exactly? May is long going.

From the 15th to the 17th of July.

Yeah and Nintendos Conference is....

Nintendo has revealed that its annual E3 press conference will take place in the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood on Tuesday, 15th July at 9am PST, which is 4pm BST unless we're being stupid.

Tbh, I think that Nintendo are going to make a few big announcements, and reveal some big games at E3. If that's the case, then why not follow it up by touring? It's a good move, and bound to give Nintendo a lot more exposure.

Well all I can say is gutted. I was thinking about going to Leipzig as well. I don't see why they pulled out this time though. Nothing stopped them the years before.

So you're saying that you're not going to Leipzig, just because Nintendo have pulled out? I'd still go if I were you, there's still going to be tons of games to see and play.

Leipzig sucked really, I think the tour would be better. Would be even better if they actually held them where people actually live (i.e near me).

Doesn't matter as long as they show up at E3. Last years Leipzig was pretty disappointing.

I expect them to show off at least 1 big game we haven't heard about at E3. We know almost nothing about the latter half 2008/2009 line-up.

So you're saying that you're not going to Leipzig, just because Nintendo have pulled out? I'd still go if I were you, there's still going to be tons of games to see and play.

Well tbh, it was the main reason I wanted to go. I don't doubt there will be other good games. I'm thinking about going still.

Was my main reason for going aswell. Hopefully there'll be other good games.

Yeah and Nintendos Conference is....

What, no more staying up until the wee hours to watch a boring conference awaiting the announcements that never come?

Disappointing :(

E3 is back to normal this year isn't it?

Nope Caris.

Its even smaller than the last one.

Also some major game companies arent going to it.

e3_08_floorplan_up.jpg

Wtf? Fox, Toshiba, Mtv. What are they doing there?

MTV = Rock Band

Fox = Movie, Sport,TV Games own by FOX

Toshiba = No idea. hardware?