N-Europe

Castlevania Wii Rumour Resurfaces

Hero-of-Time

This is a bit worrying, if there's 3 games in development the situation will undoubtedly be that the best staff will be working on the 360/PS3 title, the handheld game will be well...same staff as the previous ones probably...and then the Wii.....either a port of one of the 2 PS2 games with waggle added in or farmed out to another developer.

This is a bit worrying, if there's 3 games in development the situation will undoubtedly be that the best staff will be working on the 360/PS3 title, the handheld game will be well...same staff as the previous ones probably...and then the Wii.....either a port of one of the 2 PS2 games with waggle added in or farmed out to another developer.
Yes, that too.

If they do a Wii version, I hope they dont follow the route like Dragon Quest: Swords. Not that that is a bad game, but I want a Castlevania title on Wii and DS that gets the production value of a AAA title.

If they do a Wii version, I hope they dont follow the route like Dragon Quest: Swords. Not that that is a bad game, but I want a Castlevania title on Wii and DS that gets the production value of a AAA title.

Different things DQ:S was an already existing spin-off of Dragon Quest.

The DS title will obviously be important to them, let's see what they do with the Wii version. You know what pisses me off? That they have Kojima working on the 3D titles and that the DS ones had some generic artist. pff

They claimed it was because they wanted Castlevania to reach more of a "teen demographic" on DS and figured a more generic anime style would be more popular or something although with Dawn of Sorrow I think it's just because she was busy working on Curse of Darkness...though with Portrait of Ruin there's really no excuse (and I fucking hate the art style for that game).

• 3 weeks later...

New Igarashi interview here:

http://crispygamer.com/_GeneratedPages/Interviews/Interview886.aspx

Crispy Gamer: Actually, that brings me to my next question. There's a rumor going around that you don't just have one Castlevania title in development, but that there's a second one for the Wii...

Igarashi: That's top secret!

Crispy Gamer: That's top secret. That's still a very good answer. [smiles]

Igarashi: In regards to that, today we announced the DS version, but there's something else that we definitely want to announce in the near future. Until then, be excited about the DS!

: peace:

Let's not jump the gun just yet. A comicbook (or something in that vein) saying a Wii-version is due later this year? Who says they know something the rest of the industry doesnt?

It could very well be some uninformed person that picked up the rumors from the internet and took that as fact. I'm not saying it's not coming, but i'd hardly take that as a fact. Now, if Famitsu, IGN, EGM, the like were mentioning it, I'd believe it.

And btw, i saw that scan. Nowhere did i see it mentioning a Wii title coming. It's saying: "Cross-promoted with the 2008 video game releases." Sure, apparently there's more than one game. But for Wii? I can only hope.

I've been thinking about this rumored game today. Assuming a Wii Castlevania exits and will be announced, I'd think (or rather, would love) it would be like this:

In the DS game Order of Ecclesia, we get to play as the female character Shanoa. She's a member of the cult group. And since the Belmonts are gone, the cult group takes the role to take down Dracula. As we all know, Richter Belmont isnt the last Belmont, as there's Julius Belmont in the Sorrow games.

Perhaps the Wii version has story that takes place prior to the story in the DS game. It focuses on what happened to the Belmonts. Where are they and why havent they showed up in the chaos that Dracula has caused?

Say if the end of the DS game has Shanoa defeat Dracula, but not completely, because she doesnt have enough power to do that. That's where the two storylines come together. The Belmont and Shanoa meet each other and you can unlock an extended game in which you play as the Belmont in the DS game to thwart Drac.

On the Wii game, you unlock Shanoa as a extra playable character. It's kind of like the Zelda Oracle games. They are separate and full blown games, but you can extend the story in the other if you connect a completed game.

Wishful thinking on my part? Perhaps, but I'd sure like it.