N-Europe

Wireless Internet Suddenly Not Working

So occasionally the internet stops working - it says its connected, but cant go on websites or connect the 360.

Normally what happens is we hit the reset button on the router and it works fine.

So this happened again, and we reset, but instead of the network being called what it was called "Clemmer" its now called like "Belkin blah" and it says its connected but cant access websites and cant go on 360.

Thats all I know, can anyone help?

try putting this IP address into your browser's address bar:

it should bring you to your routers setting menu. log in as the administrator using the username and password ADMIN (not in caps)

that should let you change the routers settings

Either reset factory settings or find the adsl details page that asks for a login name and password and use the ones your ISP provided you with.

Oddly enough the same thing happened to me recently, normally a reset of the wireless adapter would solve issues, but this time it reset the thing completely, removing everything my ISP provided me with.

You get to your router's settings by using a computer that has successfully connected to the router and putting the router's IP in the address bar, like martinist said it's usually something like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1, and the user and pass is usually admin/password or admin/admin.