Retro_Link

Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party

Heres some details from GoNintendo

- Mainly supports balance board

- Over 65 new minigames

- Plot: Rabbids take over everything on television

- throughout the story, you’ll play a week’s worth of TV

- 8-player ’round robin’ multiplayer

- balance board games designed around making some minigames easier/some more difficult

- some sort of ’sabotage’ feature hinted at

- some minigames are played with your butt via balance board

- Xtreme Sports channel (wildebeest minigame - butt controlled)

- Fashion Rabbidz minigame (poses on the balance board)

- shooting segments - destroy movie sets

- no more FMV shooting segments

- Interactive TV commercials

- Winning player controls “TV remote†in multiplayer

- Shaking, precision, dexterity, balance, rhythm, combos, acting, and stepping minigame categories

- Rayman in more of a cameo position for this game. Focus is the Rabbids

- Custom costumes - take photos and send them

- Online leaderboards

- Mr. T parody

I would prefer balance boards as a sideline. Playing all at once is kinda fun.

"sabotage" - push them off the balance board?

I know most people are hating Ubisoft at the moment ( yes im one of them ) but I couldnt help but smile at this.

“Pretty much, you pee like a man. What you do is stand on the balance board and you have to (mimicks shifting his body left and right) do is aim. So what you’re gonna do is (mimics stream of well, pee) and you’ll have to move front, back, left and right and you’re going to aim at stuff (laughs).” - Product Manager Loic Gounon

Heres the full info from GameDaily

The adorable rabbit-like Rabbids return in yet another party-style game for the Nintendo Wii. The big difference – aside from mini-games based around TV shows like Desperate Housewives, A-Team and Night Rider – is that several games support the Wii Balance Board. One of those games, Beestie Boarding, was on display at UbiDays Paris and get this – you control this particular mini-game with your butt.

Yes, you sit down on the balance board and lean from left to right as a Rabbid races down the mountain in between a series of flags – using a beestie (aka a cow) like a giant snowboard. The board picks up even the smallest movement from left to right, and it seems like it can give your abs a solid workout. Lean back for a quick boost while boarding, and it gets harder to hit your marks. Can you play this mini-game standing up? "Sure," says the game demoer, "but what would be the fun in that?"

TV Party will have 75 mini-games total and will include everything from dancing, playing music (a rehash from the previous Rabbids game) and using the balance board to go to the restroom or "pee" as International Product Manager Loic Gounon delicately puts it.

"Pretty much, you pee like a man. What you do is stand on the balance board and you have to (mimicks shifting his body left and right) do is aim. So what you're gonna do is (mimics stream of well, pee) and you'll have to move front, back, left and right and you're going to aim at stuff (laughs)."

Gounon says this particular mini-game might not be framed as "peeing" per se, but it will be something very similar.

The overall experience will be structured like a week of TV shows. You'll start with playing through the TV schedule on Monday, trying out a cooking show from 8-9, then the news from 9-10 and then, say, a movie from 10-12. Each TV show will have a related game. Win them to unlock the games from the next day. Once they're all unlocked, you'll be able to mix and match your favorites for easy access.

Microgames in the form of advertising will come into play. Want to screw up you friend while he tries to "pee"? Then throw in these 20-second Wario Ware style games that (s)he has to quickly complete before finishing up the interrupted game. The microgames will be rewarded as credits for good performance and can be used at will for an added advantage.

Rayman will make an appearance in the game (but not playable), but Gounon was uncertain if Miis will be part of the experience. There's no online connectivity for the game, but the crew plans on building in leaderboards and an area to show off your customized Rabbids (he says Rabbids will be much more customizable this go-round) on a separate Web site.

As for a Rabbids Wii Channel, Gounon says the dev crew is still deciding on whether they'll have one or not. Look for this new installment of Rayman Raving Rabbids on Wii late this year.

The game is out this thursday I belive.

I have gotten a copy and I think it's the best RRR yet

You've got it? Best one yet? I think the first is infinitely better than the pretty shit 2nd one!! How are the shooting sections, the dancing sections and the balance board games :D Thanks in advance

Does anyone have more details on what sort of Multiplayer the DS Version offers?

Ie number of players/download play/etc/etc

You've got it? Best one yet? I think the first is infinitely better than the pretty shit 2nd one!! How are the shooting sections, the dancing sections and the balance board games :D Thanks in advance

I have only tried dancing once, and was pretty cool until i started failing. Not sure what I did wrong after a while.

The shooting sections are like the shooting from the first and takes you into a movie set and movie spoof, great fun.

And the balance board mini games I have tried so far are spot on. Good controll and very funny.

Gonna take the game to a friend and play it today. the game has 8player multi :D

Update:

Played the game with a friend... not so fun.

This is not the best of the three.

WHAT!?!?! :(

A lot of the mini games are "hot seat" mini games, one persons plays while the other wait, and the you take turns playing.

I'm only 20% in the single player game though, so I might not have all the fun and frantic mini games. But playing RRR and taking turns playing just feel wrong.

A lot of the mini games are "hot seat" mini games, one persons plays while the other wait, and the you take turns playing.

I'm only 20% in the single player game though, so I might not have all the fun and frantic mini games. But playing RRR and taking turns playing just feel wrong.

I really enjoyed the other 2... The second one was not a hot seat one as much I thought this would have improved on that again..

Also I don't understand the general hate towards this series Im sure its much better than wiii music jesus. :)

but seriously 2 was much more fun than reviews gave it credit for.

I do howeer find it hard to believe that the single player is more fun than the multiplayer so ill judge myself.

I really liked 1 and 2 though. Gonna give RRR3 another multiplayer run tomorrow. Last time we where 2. this time we will be about 6 people :)

Any update on this Diemtetrix?

I LOVE the first Rayman, didn't like the 2nd. But this looks great to me and it uses the balance board - which I love the idea of!! It's £17.99 on Play which is silly money, I wouldn't hesitate to get it normally, but I've bought so many games lately.....

So, thoughts? Anyone else bought it?

Any update on this Diemtetrix?

I LOVE the first Rayman, didn't like the 2nd. But this looks great to me and it uses the balance board - which I love the idea of!! It's £17.99 on Play which is silly money, I wouldn't hesitate to get it normally, but I've bought so many games lately.....

So, thoughts? Anyone else bought it?

I have it, and I had a go of one of the wee racing games in it, where you sit down with your heels on the wii-fit board, (like accelerator pedals I suppose - one boosts you briefly and one is the actual accelerator) and drive with the wii-mote horizontally.

Its a fun game, but I've yet to go into big depth. Maybe I'll post moar when I've given it a longer than brief play. =) Seems to be quite a few games to get my teeth into.

Buy it you know you want to :wink:

let me know your impressions on it :)

I don't trust reviews on mini game games:) and i dont care if it does nothing new just is it a good game :)