NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Deathjam

Games with the best soundtracks

... :( I sometimes find myself singing some songs from that in the shower.

Even the "Can you feel the sunshine?" song? God that OST is fucking embarassing.

Sonic the Hedgehog (yes, even some of the newer stuff)

Banjo-Kazooie

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Sega Superstars Tennis

F-Zero

Guitar Hero, Burnout games, GTA games just can't be included due to the fact that they're not actually original.

The songs in the original and the radio chat on the newer game is all original and worthy of mention.

Oh and the Sonic R soundtracks are so cheesy they're awesome "everybody's super sonic raciiiing no time to look arouuund".

Of recent titles on my shelf I gotta go with Halo 3 and Mass Effect, the latter of which is truly epic and movie-esque.

And all time favourites... Sonic 2 and S&K, Banjo Kazooie, Super Mario Land and Phoenix Wright on the gameboy.

I love Video Game Music of a bunch of types, but a notable recent soundtrack of amazing quality is the Super Smash Brothers Brawl one - oh man

... :( I sometimes find myself singing some songs from that in the shower.

Im sorry but you need help. That game was an assault on all the senses

Not sure what originality I can offer.

- DKC trilogy (oh yes!)

- Mario games

- F-Zero (except GX. Love the game, dislike the music.)

- Sonic

- Goemon 64 (the stand out one for me is the music in that castle place near the end. And what about that opening song? "...going now!")

-Mickey Mania

-Pop n Twinbee

-Casltvania

-Skies of Arcadia has an excellent soundtrack.

-EBA!

All the other games/series I was gonna say have already been mentioned.

We shouldn't be mixing original compositions and soundtracks tbh.

Guitar Hero, Burnout games, GTA games just can't be included due to the fact that they're not actually original.

Sure, they're god damn awesome, not gunna take that away from them.

Na that's bollocks: GTA soundtracks are as well thought out and quintessential to ambience as any scored music. Metroid might have epic electro compositions on the vast empiness of space and isolation, but Tommy Vecetti would inhabit a far less convincing Vice City without Hall and Oats, The Human League and Gary Numan.

Ummm... I really have a soft spot for some of the music from the original FF:CC as well as the beautiful and epic sounding Advent Rising.

Just like most people here, I love the Sega music, especially, JSR Sonic Adventure and Sonic Rush. I can't believe that this thread has gone on so long without anyone mentioning the Wipeout series, travesty! Super Mario world and Super Metroid are both superb as well.

Ummm... I really have a soft spot for some of the music from the original FF:CC as well as the beautiful and epic sounding Advent Rising.

Just like most people here, I love the Sega music, especially, JSR Sonic Adventure and Sonic Rush. I can't believe that this thread has gone on so long without anyone mentioning the Wipeout series, travesty! Super Mario world and Super Metroid are both superb as well.

Apologies again. You are sooooo right about the wipeout series music. Even got the soundtrack after spending a day listening to the music samples on the promo website for then new Wipeout HD game.

Ummm... I really have a soft spot for some of the music from the original FF:CC

Good man.:smile: Do you like the intro?

Sign in to follow this