Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game really looks good. And I'm not talking about the graphics, it really looks to be a good shooter. I'm really optimistic about this game, and I'd like more of its kind to come out. Not sequels, or more sci-fi shooters, just good shooters.

The game really looks good. And I'm not talking about the graphics, it really looks to be a good shooter. I'm really optimistic about this game, and I'd like more of its kind to come out. Not sequels, or more sci-fi shooters, just good shooters.

Perhaps whoever the publisher is will use the engine for other projects. HVS already said a sequel was planned.

Still no publisher though.

Perhaps whoever the publisher is will use the engine for other projects. HVS already said a sequel was planned.

Still no publisher though.

Just remember the longer they don't have a publisher, the less chance that said publisher will be able to push them in different directions.

Which I believe was the reason they didn't want a publisher when the game was first annonced. They wanted the game as close to ready as possible, so when a publisher says "It's good but we want more mini games" they can say "I'm sorry we can't add that as the codebase do-hickey's won't currently allow any felangee's to be modified without causing months of testing" (Can you tell I work as a programmer for a living?)

Just remember the longer they don't have a publisher, the less chance that said publisher will be able to push them in different directions.

Which I believe was the reason they didn't want a publisher when the game was first annonced. They wanted the game as close to ready as possible, so when a publisher says "It's good but we want more mini games" they can say "I'm sorry we can't add that as the codebase do-hickey's won't currently allow any felangee's to be modified without causing months of testing" (Can you tell I work as a programmer for a living?)

Just to clarify - the game DOES have a publisher, and has had one for some time, they jusy haven't been avle to announce it yet. At least 10 showed interest when the game was first announced, so HVS would have really had the opportunity to pick the one which they felt would let them do their own thing.

LOL! Or "It's good, but can you replace the guns with tennis rackets and the aliens with fluffy animals? And rename it to 'Conduit Trainer Games For all the Family*"

I thought for a minute we could be seeing a Retro Studios-type thing here, with Nintendo assistance, but HVS is a well-established company, so anything could happen I suppose.

* 4 Bright T-Shirts Included

Then they had another publisher that wanted to dumb the game down since it didn't totally appear to the casual, which was stupid. Still wonder who the publisher is, we should be finding out soon.

Ubisoft, they just wanted tonnes of waggle and each level to be a new minigame built on an exisiting N64 engine.

They already have a publisher, but I'd just like to know who it is. It can't be EA because it uses Friend Codes, and It can't be Nintendo because they would have announced it on the 2nd. I'm thinking Sega at this point for some reason.

They already have a publisher, but I'd just like to know who it is. It can't be EA because it uses Friend Codes, and It can't be Nintendo because they would have announced it on the 2nd. I'm thinking Sega at this point for some reason.

In general, Japanese 3rd parties wouldn't touch and FPS with a bargepole, ESPECIALLY if it's by a western developer.

I'm hoping THQ, it would make a great addition to their Wii-roll they have lately (de Blob, Deadly Creatures). Take Two could be a dark horse too.

Then they had another publisher that wanted to dumb the game down since it didn't totally appear to the casual, which was stupid. Still wonder who the publisher is, we should be finding out soon.

No, they were aproached by a publisher who said that, nothing more than that.

I have my money on Nintendo. After the buzz about this game they could've picked a publisher.

I'm sure Nintendo would have talked about it at the fall keynote if it was them though. (and by that I mean talk about them publishing the game, not about the game itself).

Only now have I seen those 2 IGN videos of a whole level, about 17 minutes long, and it's amazing! Well, the interior part of the level looks a bit bland, all rooms and corridors appear to look the same. The video doesn't show a map screen, but I guess a map will be necessary at some point.

But when the guy gets outside, it looks very good! Did you see the water on that river?? Looked amazing, IMO. And did you notice that there are no visible loadings? The whole level just kept loading in the background, not even using Metroid Prime's door system, and it was 100% seamless.

Also, I really liked the music of the outside part of the level, when he was "making an example" out of those alien scumbags. First quiet and suspenseful, then when the battle rages it got more epic. Dynamic music change. Nice depth effects too.

The gameplay feels very fluid, although the controls weren't set to maximum sensitivity, the guy was playing with a pretty big bounding box.

The ASE puzzles were very basic, but I hope they'll get more complex in latter parts of the game. And since the aliens are using portals, I bet there will be levels in their world, towards the end of the game.

Its been on the main site for ages, but, the voice actors for the game are:

Mark A. Sheppard (Agent Ford)

William Morgan Sheppard (John Adams (the commander))

Kevin Sorbo (Prometheus (terrorist))

I'd have at least prefered one 'A' List Star, but as long as these chaps do whats required, and do it well, its another notch on the Gaming Bed Post for HVS.

I'd have at least prefered one 'A' List Star, but as long as these chaps do whats required, and do it well, its another notch on the Gaming Bed Post for HVS.

To be honest and I'm not talking about this case, talking about videogame voice acting, I've noticed and read in several articles that what some consider A List, which would be well known actors, are usually not used to just voice acting, much less to video games. Don't know if this what you mean, but brought it up all the same :P

I thought the voice actors sounded pretty good in the videos we've seen already. I'd rather they spend less on voice actors and spend more money making the gameplay better.

Spending money isn't exactly directly tied into better gameplay. Not to mention that the gameplay seems like the best attribute of the game.

Spending money isn't exactly directly tied into better gameplay. Not to mention that the gameplay seems like the best attribute of the game.

True, but hiring more expensive voice actors probably isn't really going to make the game that much better.

Best voice actors I've ever heard were in Eternal Darkness and not one big name was in that, I think. Unless you consider David Hayter, Cam Clarke, Jennifer Hale and Paul Eiding (respectively Solid Snake, Liquid Snake, Naomi and Col. Campbell from MGS). And they were all better in ED than their cheesy counterparts in MGS.

Well, at least not "A" actors from Hollywood like Billy Bob Thornton and Dennis Hopper from Deadly Creatures.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!