Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Conduit is obviously heavier on the rescources than MoH is, so it's really not much of a wonder it doesn't feature 32-player online. 32 player games also need specific (larger) maps, engine finetuning, and a big effort in the networking code. It'd take a lot of development time while 16-player online is still pretty great.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure you understant competitive gaming, i.e. esports which is what X-League is. 16 vs 16 has absolutely zero chance of ever being trated seriously - it's too chaotic, too random with that many people. COD4 is normally played 5v5 so the 4v4 thing must be how the Xbox guys do it but the massive esports are always played with small teams. CS is 5v5, UT/Quake and stuff are normally 1v1, maybe 2v2 and even TF2 is only 6v6. Much more skill involved with these smaller teams and proper tactics.

Sorry, I'm clearly lost here! I'm not going to go on X-Leaugue TV. I'm not going to play 'competitively' in some world beating tournament. I just want to be good and have a bit of fun. I like 32 player on MOHH2 because it's intense, action packed and quite epic. You feel like you're in a war, sometimes on the village stage you can have 4 or 5 of you defending a house with 4 or 5 attacking it directly as both groups are assisted by snipers from afar, whilst that's going on other troop movements will be taking place. I enjoy it, that's all!

The Conduit is obviously heavier on the rescources than MoH is, so it's really not much of a wonder it doesn't feature 32-player online. 32 player games also need specific (larger) maps, engine finetuning, and a big effort in the networking code. It'd take a lot of development time while 16-player online is still pretty great.

As long as the maps are the right size, do you think The Conduit looks that much better than Medl of Honour Heroes 2? I thnink MOHH2 looks pretty good actually and has plenty going on in it.

Unreal Tournament. lol.gif

Nope. It was just this freeware game called Sauerbraten. It actually has pretty good multiplayer though. Its main claim to fame is its co-op online stage editing. Its usually pretty balanced, but sometimes it can get a little crazy.

TBH I didn't know MOH:H2 had online, I'm going to have to go buy this now.

TBH I didn't know MOH:H2 had online, I'm going to have to go buy this now.

I may have to join you there. I still can't quite get my head around the fact that not only is it the only online FPS on Wii, but it also has a reportedly fantastic 32 player online system. It's floating around £15-ish online over here, and it was one of those games I almost got when it came out. Once I've bought my laptop, and the dust settles on my financial situation, I'll almost certainly pick it up.

Somehow due to a very odd and strange reason, I'm not quite convinced about the graphics shown in videos :s :s Look kinda blockish to me...

I could be just me though...

After Red Steel, I don't blame people for being skeptical when it comes to this.

But a big reassurance is that as soon as the press got hands on with the aformentioned game, the alarm bells rungs instantaneously. Impressions for The Conduit have been very positive, especially in the graphics department. I know people are dubbing this one of Wii's best looking game, and I hear a lot of journalists do get fooled into thinking it's a 360 game going on first looks (that isn't bullshit, by the way. It's completely true).

There is always a chance it does. Haven't the media actually played it yet though?

yes but they seem to be praising the graphics and the controls.. I got to admit everything else about this seems generic. There is no other way of knowing that it won't turn into another red steel.

I;m sure it wont they seem dedicated but i'm still not taking anyones word for it for now

Well, they can screw themselves with the graphics and controls if the story isn't good and most importantly if the shooting/ gameplay gets too repetitive or boring after a while, I hope there's much more variation than I've seen until now...

Excuse me for my scepticism, but since Nintendo isn't making it, I have no faith in it AT ALL...

Perhaps if this turns out as good as we hope, Nintendo will decide to buy High Voltage. They seem to be doing pretty good (from what the press are saying) on this with just in house funds, imagine what they could do with the resources of Nintendo backing them up.

Perhaps if this turns out as good as we hope, Nintendo will decide to buy High Voltage. They seem to be doing pretty good (from what the press are saying) on this with just in house funds, imagine what they could do with the resources of Nintendo backing them up.

What the press saw were actually just different settings with the same gameplay... I wonder how they will mix it up a bit...

Although it looks a lot like Metroid I don't think they will put in something similar to the Morph Ball :p:p

...imagine for one second if this game turned out to be shit in the end lol :)

would be funny... maybe.

Yes hilarious! lol Actually though play tests have been positive too. I kind feel though that a lot of hopes are pined on this one!

On another topic, what do people make of the possible inclusion of motion plus in this one? I'm actually against it! I hate when games require add ons that need to be purchased seperately, it means less people buy it and ultimately less people play it. I don;t want to have to buy something else to play a new game.

Yes hilarious! lol Actually though play tests have been positive too. I kind feel though that a lot of hopes are pined on this one!

On another topic, what do people make of the possible inclusion of motion plus in this one? I'm actually against it! I hate when games require add ons that need to be purchased seperately, it means less people buy it and ultimately less people play it. I don;t want to have to buy something else to play a new game.

Think they should bring out two versions... the one were you don't require a motion plus and one were you do...

Althoug from an economical perspective this wouldn't be very smart -.-

Think they should bring out two versions... the one were you don't require a motion plus and one were you do...

Althoug from an economical perspective this wouldn't be very smart -.-

Or an option in the game to use it. :blank:

I thought this was coming out before the Motion Plus though. THB I don't want a delay, and I can't see it improving an FPS game that much.

i dont think it needs it.. We've already established that the controls are perfect.. That being said id like to see how fps games will use motion plus.

i dont think it needs it.. We've already established that the controls are perfect.. That being said id like to see how fps games will use motion plus.

Besides in puzzle sort of mini games, like we saw in MP3. All I can think of is perhaps aiming with it if the remote loses sight of the sensor bar to keep it more smooth. Or perhaps for Melee weapons.

Just watched the GC trailer and I still think that there's a lot that needs to be addressed in the game and some of those may be symptoms of what the engine can genuinely handle.

For instance, the environment textures in the entirety of the trailer were shocking and that maybe down to a lack of resources through the engine. But hey, it does seem to have a really fun kind of feel to it and something about it is REALLY reminding me of the way Perfect Dark played.

As long as Wii Motion Plus means we will get an even better experience I'm all for implementing it.

Actually after watching the latest trailer I got the impression there are still some accuracy issues. Of course the aim is very precise for a console FPS but it seemed a bit laggy none the less. I'm not sure how to describe it best, but it looked like the aim was a few pixels off of where the player wanted it to be.

I felt that was a bit of an issue with MP3 as well but there was no need for headshots so it didn't bother me much.

This game looks shit.

I hate the phrase 'good for a wii game' because all it does is highlight that the Wii can't possibly handle a good modern FPS. It can't do physics, AI, graphics or animation to any quality to keep up with the current crop of the genre, and this game just comes out looking like an N64 shooter.

Actually after watching the latest trailer I got the impression there are still some accuracy issues. Of course the aim is very precise for a console FPS but it seemed a bit laggy none the less. I'm not sure how to describe it best, but it looked like the aim was a few pixels off of where the player wanted it to be.

That's because the sensitivity is not fully upped in that trailer and the bounding box is too big. Remember, the controls are completely customizable.

This game looks shit.

I hate the phrase 'good for a wii game' because all it does is highlight that the Wii can't possibly handle a good modern FPS. It can't do physics, AI, graphics or animation to any quality to keep up with the current crop of the genre, and this game just comes out looking like an N64 shooter.

i;m going to kind of agree with you here. It doesn't even look THAT great ha..

If this came out on the 360 nobody would give a shit.. I really think that wii owners are depending too much on this but I will judge when it comes out but... I think it will turn out an average enough game or it will be overated from all the hype..

This game is doing NOTHING different.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!