NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Falcon_BlizZACK

Would we be better people WITHOUT video games?

Exactly. Why are we not allowed to blame people anymore?

It's not their fault they're fat.

Those children aren't naughty they have ADHD or too many e-numbers. Nothing to do with the fact that they've never been disciplined.

We shouldn't blame criminals we should look at what's wrong with society. What's wrong is the fact that they still have a head.

Because we're all a product of the society in which we live?

I would be alot better off without video games, its too addicting and I lack the will power to stop when I know I should. Even for school work.

My situation is so severe, I hear myself say the line "Hard work often pays off in the long run, but laziness always pays off now" alot more frequently.

No i don't see games as a waste of time, most of the constructive stuff is done to earn more MONEY, right? And what is the money spent on? A comfortable living and luxury items - like games. I have more fun with games than i do at work, so why would the games be a waste? That's like saying being entertained is a waste.

Right, after dashing C&C out, I'm giving my Wii away...You may think this is a tad overdramatic but I feel gaming is only wasting (albeit in a fun way) the precious time I have. The only addiction I felt I ever had was in games, and its hard to curve when you've got those "oh, just one more go" kind of games like Brawl. I feel I've extracted a sufficient degree of positive influences from games anyway (creative, musical etc), but to the point where I feel I'm not gaining anymore these days soooo, yes, no more gaming for the forseeable future. Its for the best...:/

Wow, take the fun out of life why dont you! Everyone needs something to turn to when they are bored or stressed or whatever. We'd be very angry people otherwise.

Wow, take the fun out of life why dont you! Everyone needs something to turn to when they are bored or stressed or whatever. We'd be very angry people otherwise.

I find sport to be a much more fulfilling stress buster.

Right, after dashing C&C out, I'm giving my Wii away...You may think this is a tad overdramatic but I feel gaming is only wasting (albeit in a fun way) the precious time I have. The only addiction I felt I ever had was in games, and its hard to curve when you've got those "oh, just one more go" kind of games like Brawl. I feel I've extracted a sufficient degree of positive influences from games anyway (creative, musical etc), but to the point where I feel I'm not gaining anymore these days soooo, yes, no more gaming for the forseeable future. Its for the best...:/

I think it´s a brave move that you have done. May it be for the best and God bless you.

I think it´s a brave move that you have done. May it be for the best and God bless you.

Thank you my friend. Hope it does do me some good...My cabinet just looks a little empty. ;)

It depends really. In a way, we would be better off with gaming, but at the same time we wouldn't.

To be fair, everything's educational to some extent, and there's a suprising ammount that can be learned from video games. Plus they, supposedly, increase hand-eye coordination and reaction times, which I don't see as a bad thing. Though there's always fun to be had in gaming, and it's deffinitely as relevant as music, movies... even books, in terms of entertainment value. You also get to meet/talk to lots of interesting people. After all, places like this forum wouldn't exsist without gaming....

What exactly was the point of this? If something in life is 'fun' why remove it from your life?

What exactly was the point of this? If something in life is 'fun' why remove it from your life?

Firstly gaming is a real addiction for me and it has been for the last 12 years. From the things I do in my day to day life I am left with little time which could have been spent to improve on the things I do in some way. As much I love games and find them to be 'fun' it is a major distraction and extremely time consuming against the things I do which are much more rewarding, constructive and ultimately beneficial to your life.

When I've spent like 3 hours playing game I think "That time could have been used to make new graphic designs." Or learn new forms in Taekwondo, or make some music in GarageBand, or finish/start some coursework, or attempt to learn a new language, or do a bit more fitness...Do SOMETHING which enhances my life experience. But yes, I'm not really known as the "fun" guy. :/ :p...But just imagine if the hours you have spent throughout your life playing games were spent on something like, say, learning a new language or a martial art you would be a pro.

Sign in to follow this