N-Europe

Battlestar Galactica Season 4

Dan_Dare

If memory serves, it goes like so:

The events of Razor are taking place in Series 1 and in to Series 2 on the timelime

but

plot elements exist that strongly reference, or require knowledge of, Series 3.

I'm almost certain that it was released after season 3, so it's probably the safest bet to watch it after.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right we actually went and watched Razor last night.

We had just finished watching the season 3 episode "Collaorators" and were aout to watch the next "torn" when I spotted the thumbnail image for it on the episode menu was a piture of a hyrid. I decided we should watch Razor and have that be the way the hyrid is first introduced (to my wife) seeing as it is the first hyrid.

And on watching Razor I figure that the best place to watch it if watching the show on DVD/Blu Ray with no breaks would atually be just before season 2 ends. The perfect place to watch it would be after the season 2 episode "The Captains Hand". Since at the end of this episode Lee is given command of Pegasus at the start of Razor it is pretty much just after this with Lee starting his new job in command of the ship.

Had I remembered that I would have watched it then, haha. For some reason I was thinking Razor started at some vague point into Lee's command.

I also on watching Razor I think to watch it between seasons 3 and 4 would break alot of the momentum built with the season 3 finale. It was fine when watching the show on TV with the large gap between seasons and Razor in the middle to tide you over but if watching a DVD/Blu Ray collection you are unlikely to leave such a gap between seasons.

So for anyone else watching, about to watch or thinking to watch a DVD or Blu Ray collection my advise with Razor is to watch it right after the season 2 episode "Captains Hand" definately the best place as it would be right in line with the shows timeline.

You'd think the show collection would have a note on this in it's booklet.

Also yes there are some small hints on the end of season 3, a little bit of season 4/5 and even the very end of the show. But they are very criptic and there's no way you could figure it out before reaching those points.

The only hints come near the end when the hyrid is talking as Starbuck and co board the basestar.

Soon there will be four, glorious in awakening. Struggling with the knowledge of their true selves. The pain of revelation bringing new clarity. And in the midst of their confusion, he will find her, enemies brought together by impossible longing, enemies now joined as one. The way forward, at once unthinkable, yet inevitable. And the fifth, still in the shadow, will claw toward the light, hungering for redemption, that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering. I can see them all. The seven, now six, self-described machines who believe themselves without sin. But in time, it is sin that will consume them. They will know emnity, bitterness, the wrenching agony of the one splintering into the many. And then they will join the promised land, gathered on the wings of the angel - - not an end, but a beginning.

If you watch this in season 2 (and are watching for the first time) you might think that this is a hint at things to come. However there's nothing in it that hints at exactly what or who he is talking about. But those of us who have seen what happens can watch that and go "ohhh... I know what that means" :heh:

• 2 months later...

Bumpage:

Got The Plan on BluRay yesterday, enjoyed it, not great cause it was very jumpy and all going through like the first 2 seasons and a lot of scenes lifted right out of the show, but still a lot of new stuff. Still as a fan I found it very enjoyable, and it actually makes me want to watch the whole show all over again :heh:

Was great to see things like how Ellen survived the attack, and Sams point of view from his Pyrimad Training Camp.

The extra insight into Boomer and how Cavil was switching her "on" and she was switching herself "off".

Thought the interactions between Cavil and Sam on Caprica were best and seeing Cavils frustration when he was so sure he could get his creators to loath humanity and it's flaws yet they ended up loving humanity even more.

Was somewhat disappointed though that somehow I got the impression the start of it would show the "Final Five" leaving Earth, finding the colonies, stopping the 1st war, creating the 1st skinjobs and Cavil betraying them and then showing him periodically planting them in the colonies. Don't know where I got that from but somehow always thought that's how the film started.

Also what was up with this dark haired Number 6 on Galactica with Cavil, I'd read she was refered to as "Hard 6" and was expecting her to be badass and do something, yet she didn't really do much or anything at all?