Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii hard drive... iPod?

Nicktendo

You never know... As far as I remember Apple and Nintendo did have some talks about making games for the iPod and iPhone (which would be cool).

But, no matter if it a iPod or not. Nintendo needs to make Down loadable content and/or updates for Games.

Nintendo why even add USB ports if not need? Bring that drive!

Guest Jordan
You never know... As far as I remember Apple and Nintendo did have some talks about making games for the iPod and iPhone (which would be cool).

That was a rumor, nothing else. Besides, theres already a Panasonic phone in Japan that lets you play NES, GB, GBC and SNES games legally on it.

But, no matter if it a iPod or not. Nintendo needs to make Down loadable content and/or updates for Games.

Nintendo announced this at GDC.

Nintendo why even add USB ports if not need? Bring that drive!

One is already used for the LAN adapter and there was always an un-used serial port on the GameCube...

One is already used for the LAN adapter and there was always an un-used serial port on the GameCube...

There's a USB microphone, too.

It's also very handy for charging devices that stupidly only come with a USB cable for charging, and make you pay extra just to charge it using a plug socket.

Guest Jordan
GDC for what though? Still waiting for the updates for GH3. :(

GDC aka The Games Developer Conferenace, they annouced the Wii Pay and Play scheme. Basically DLC and pay montly games. As for GH3, i thought you could send you game back for a new one with the fix?

USB Lan is all good but still hard drive would be better. :)

Might be a while yet...

GDC for what though? Still waiting for the updates for GH3. :(

USB Lan is all good but still hard drive would be better. :)

I thought that they gave a refund sins Europe wont get a replacement disk. back to topic. so USB is the best option than why would Nintendo not use it?

so USB is the best option than why would Nintendo not use it?
There are several reasons:

a) (Required) console add-ons are always a bad idea from a marketing perspective.

b) Everything uses USB, it's a completely open and available standard, easy piratable.

c) We don't know if the USB ports are actually full-speed USB 2.0. If they are limited like the SD card, it might be too slow for hard drive.

a) (Required) console add-ons are always a bad idea from a marketing

Well they're already required, so that's out of the window.

c) We don't know if the USB ports are actually full-speed USB 2.0. If they are limited like the SD card, it might be too slow for hard drive.

They're fast enough. You can play online with them remember.

I thought that they gave a refund sins Europe wont get a replacement disk. back to topic. so USB is the best option than why would Nintendo not use it?

Really, I thought we are getting a replacement disc? I signed up for some replacment program at Activision.

But I was talking about the Download content as in new songs that Activision announced around the new year.

Well they're already required, so that's out of the window.
Why? Nintendo can let us struggle with SD cards as long as they want.
They're fast enough. You can play online with them remember.
Yeah, but how do you know it's actually faster than the WFC? It's more reliable as it's a wire, but speed-wise I haven't seen figures. Anyway, the USB2.0 is probably fast enough, can't imagine Nintendo being that cheap.