N-Europe

Strange question about small(literally) money transfers?

Rummy

I didn't really know where to put this, and I had no idea where to start looking internet wise either so I'm hoping some of you guys might know. Basically, does anyone know anything I could use to take small amounts of money from lots of different people? Like say if I had 20 people who all wanted to pay me 50p, would it be possible to do transfers like that online, without any or with very minimal costs? It'd be kinda like a donation/fee like system, not actually selling something for the small cost, I dunno if paypal'd be ok for it, and my mate said that paypal charge, though I haven't actually looked yet.

Guest Stefkov

paypal charge sending money from paypal to your bank..bastards.

You can send money to a paypal fine. You just get the paypal address thing and send money.

As far as I'm aware.

Well what I'm actually looking to do, is collect lots of little sums of money from other people, and it seems Paypal charge fees for recieving money. There's a bit of info I found on something called Micropayments, which it says is only offered to verified sellers for amounts under $2, with a fee of 5%+$0.05, which wouldn't be too intolerable, I guess. I might email them about it and see.

Direct bank transfer'd be awkward too, looking for a quick, easy, and simple way to do it, basically something just like paypal without the crappy costs/fees, cos it's such small amounts, it takes a huge chunk with it each time. I emailed PayPal about it anyway to ask if they can do anything, as they apparently do things for not-for-profit organisations and charities, though I don't currently count as either. Hopefully I'll be able to get it sorted out somehow, and when I do....well, watch this space!

Haha, no. I did realise it sounds a bit iffy, which is why I thought it might be a strange question. The money wasn't going to be going to charity either. It was all part of a rather excellent idea I had, but I wasn't going to reveal until it was actually doable, but it looks like it's going to the shitter, and had no reply back from PayPal :(

• 4 weeks later...

Bahh, finally heard back from PayPal, turns out they consider the idea to be gambling, so I'm throwing it out there hoping that someone else might find a way. I guess this could be shunted over into the online board too.

Basically, I made this just after Brawl and the Freeloader came out, and I was considering doing lots of little tournaments and stuff, and given the excellence of the Wii, would be able to do prizes in the form of VC titles, but unfortunately my wallet has taken quite a bashing and I couldn't really afford to continuously front for prizes, so I was thinking given the low cost of a VC title, the high number of entrants we could have in Brawl stuff(or other games now, like MK), everyone could pay like 30-50p to enter(just whatever's needed to cover the prize cost), and in larger tournaments with more people, have 2nd and 3rd place lesser prizes like N64 game for 1st, SNES for 2nd, NES for 3rd etc.

But yeah, that was my idea, and I can't figure out a nice and easy way to do it, so I'm basically just throwing it out there anyway in a hope people might like it, and someone might even find a way to do it. The reason for the entrance fees is because I doubt we have anyone rich enough to continuously front prizes for it, and so it'd just die out quite quickly.

(Sorry for the bump too btw)