N-Europe

Rundll32

MoogleViper

Rundll32 does what it describes, it runs .dll files, program components that can be loaded dynamically. As there's no webpage yet, I'm pretty sure IE loads a new DLL for using tabs, and confuses it with a program being run from the internets. My guess is you can allow it.

Rundll32 does what it describes, it runs .dll files, program components that can be loaded dynamically. As there's no webpage yet, I'm pretty sure IE loads a new DLL for using tabs, and confuses it with a program being run from the internets. My guess is you can allow it.

How do I stop it from coming up everytime?

1. Use firefox.

2. Look up this IE 'Protected Mode' thing, try and turn it off in the settings or so.

3. I think it's also a part of Windows Defender, so go into control panel and have a shufty round in the Windows Defender settings and whatnot.

4. These suggestions might not solve the problem entirely.

Why would you want to turn IE Protected mode off, you do know that's one of the main new security features in Vista, right?

You can't have it without UAC enabled, though... but it basically runs your IE in a seperate, restricted user, so it cannot do system wide damage, this is more secure than running Firefox as an admin - but generally Vista has better security anyway.. (or so you'd hope).

Either way I have no idea why this dialogue keeps appearing for you, but yes, rundll32 is an important system process.