Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I'm amazed I made this

Smalldude76

In my communications class at school, we're learning Photoshop 6.0. The person next to me had been giving me pointers on things throughout the semester, so I had a little general knowledge. On I think Wednesday, our teacher asked us to come up with something for November 11 (Remembrance Day) whether it be a poem, image, letter, etc. I chose to do something in Photoshop, and got some good comments about it in class, but what do you think?

Here it lies.

For those wondering, the guy is Sir Arthur Currie - the head of the Canadian Corps during World War I. He led several victories using an entirely Canadian army. two notable ones being Vimy Ridge (British+French had been fighting it for 3 years) and Passchendaele(Ypres 3, uphill battle so muddy that people fell in and drowned in it).

Are you sure this is for November 11th? It's just that plane, those two tower-like objects... it's all very reminiscent of something else.

Okay, okay. I'll try to be constructive.

Do you know what always goes down well? Wartime poetry. A few lines scrawled along the bottom of that image could work a treat. What poem? I have no idea.

Hey, I said I'd try.

Looks really good, very nice cut-out's too but I think there's too much transparency (I wouldn't use transparency for the plane at all) and I would increase the contrast a bit too.

Some unimportant thing that came to my mind right now: When I read Sir Arthur Currie I remembered that the boot camp in Starship Troopers is named after him Camp Currie. Sure it's just a Sci-Fi book but still...:)

Guest Offerman
Personally I think the transparency works well; it gives you the feel that the images in the picture are from the past.

Yea, kind of ghostly.

Are you sure this is for November 11th? It's just that plane, those two tower-like objects... it's all very reminiscent of something else.

Okay, okay. I'll try to be constructive.

Do you know what always goes down well? Wartime poetry. A few lines scrawled along the bottom of that image could work a treat. What poem? I have no idea.

Hey, I said I'd try.

:indeed: Baka

Anyway; I really like it. It looks Great War-ish to me, tis cool :grin: