N-Europe

Where is the PS3 RPG love ?

rapunzel

Last week my girlfriend and I decided to go Blu-Ray so off we trotted into town and got a PS3...and a PSP...with Disgaea...and Devil may Cry 4 and Oblivion.

After getting home setting up and playing for a while we decided to have a look for some RPG's as the PS2 had them coming out the cooling vents but lo and behold there is not that many.

Other than Enchanted Arms and Oblivion we see nothing any help ?

Guest Jordan

At the moment? Theres nothing.

I think Disgaea PS3 is out fairly soon, other than that theres only what you listed.

Domstercool is the man for this thread.

RPGs never really come out in lumps till later on in a consoles life. Remember the PS3 has only been out same time as the Wii. They're coming though. :)

Right now though you don't have many choices. There's Enchanted Arms, Oblivion and Folklore (Although more adventure than rpg really)

Disgaea 3 hits America in August, that will rock, it's one of the best Strategy RPG series going.

Valkyria Chronicles by Sega is also coming around about the same time.

The PS2 didn't start churning them out till a good 2-3 years after it had been out. :)

The PS2 didn't start churning them out till a good 2-3 years after it had been out. :)

Yeah, PS3 will suffer with the problems of it's predecessor as it is just as hard to code for, if not more so. It's the reason why there have been so many delays. Once devs get used to the code then the games will start to churn out.

RPGs never really come out in lumps till later on in a consoles life. Remember the PS3 has only been out same time as the Wii. They're coming though. :)

Good to hear! One of the main reasons i got the PS3 was because the RPG-lack on the Wii. Hopefully both of them will start churning them out soon

edit-apologies for abusing the word Churn

There's an updated port of Eternal Sonata coming out... sometime. It has two new playable characters, a costume system so you can dress up your party and some extra story bits.

Final Fantasy XIII and White Knight Chronicles are the big titles as far as exclusives go, although it'll probably be more than a year before we see either.