NEurope
Daft

LittleBigPlanet Thread

Most enjoyable. Very quirky stuff. Can see it get boring quick. At least the single player

Most enjoyable. Very quirky stuff. Can see it get boring quick. At least the single player

50+ levels but remember playing other peoples content is unlimited.

Well I got on the beta last night and maybe played around for a couple of hours. I love it! I have played all the single player levels and a couple of user created levels and there are some really unventive things...

One thing that I do feel at the moment is level design. I think even the story mode levels suffer from this is a lack of really tight design. This could because they are only tutorials and trying to show off functions which they do well. I think as amazing as a lot of user generated content is, levels do lack pacing, they are either too short or have a few really interesting sections and then they are bland. I'm not saying I can do anything better. It does seem though obviously without that touch as good as a lot of levels will be they will lack that pacing we would see in say a Mario.

Having said there is still so much to love about this game, you can't possibly be offended by it and can't help but play with a big smile on your face...

A few questions can you get Kratos to run in the beta? Secondly how do mics work in the game? can't seem to get mine to work, but had a guy speaking to me earlier...

Mic seems to work randomly. Anyone sorted a solid method out? Same for most games I play tbh. If no-one talks for like 3 seconds it seems to disconnect. Random.

The MGS level is awesome - can't wait for more of that one! And the Shadow of the Collosus level is awesome. Myself, Daft and Matt took an age to get the final boss 'killed' but it was really well done. The designer used the filters to great effect too. The green Hill Zone is great too :D

Would be nice to give sackboy some roller skates or something to change the pacing of the levels (Mario had powerups for this etc...). So far, so very great!

Mic seems to work randomly. Anyone sorted a solid method out? Same for most games I play tbh. If no-one talks for like 3 seconds it seems to disconnect. Random.

The MGS level is awesome - can't wait for more of that one! And the Shadow of the Collosus level is awesome. Myself, Daft and Matt took an age to get the final boss 'killed' but it was really well done. The designer used the filters to great effect too. The green Hill Zone is great too :D

Would be nice to give sackboy some roller skates or something to change the pacing of the levels (Mario had powerups for this etc...). So far, so very great!

you fancy playing some in a bit say half an hour?, show me some of the awesome levels you've been playing?

!!!! EVERYONE play the Sweet Child O'Mine level. It is soooooo coool! One awesome level!

When the final game comes out I'm going to attempt (and fail) to make a Daft Punk version.

you fancy playing some in a bit say half an hour?, show me some of the awesome levels you've been playing?

I'll be on in about 50 minutes if you are around!

About quarter past 4 I'll be back on....eating my masive dinner. Will try the Guns 'n' roses level Daft. Seen it a few times and wondered about it. :D

About quarter past 4 I'll be back on....eating my masive dinner. Will try the Guns 'n' roses level Daft. Seen it a few times and wondered about it. :D

It just put a massive smile on my face. :D

I'll be on at about 4:45 if anyone is on.

Can't believe i have been missing out on these betas...

I know...i was like you then had a lucky 2 days with LBP and FML on PC.

I've got to say this games brings such a smile to my face. Stephen Fry's commentary is excellent as well - his freindly, inoffensive voice really fits in well with the whole ambience of the game.

I've got to say this games brings such a smile to my face. Stephen Fry's commentary is excellent as well - his freindly, inoffensive voice really fits in well with the whole ambience of the game.

Agreed. Love it during tutorials when he just randomly waffles to himself.

last beta chance on IGN now live;

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/916/916349p1.html

ah no they are all gone.

Bear in mind the story mode is just the beginning the full game has much more and as many create stuff too. :smile: We will go mad collecting items and judging by the beta each other creations.

Bear in mind the story mode is just the beginning the full game has much more and as many create stuff too. :smile: We will go mad collecting items and judging by the beta each other creations.

how many levels you got? will have to give them a look.

I was up most of the night creating my LittleBigPlanet opus. It is a light puzzle platformer with a slight 'Legend of Zelda' feel. Nearly finished the 'dungeon' Then got to do the forest, kakariko village and tidy up some of the puzzles.

This is someof the best gaming I have ever had.

Hours somehow just go by while creating stuff. Working on a new level now.

Hours somehow just go by while creating stuff. Working on a new level now.

Yeah the hours do just vanish, I am making my first level now...

Watched this today;

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/21812

from the 1up Show they show some truly amazing levels...played the Houston we have a problem one, amazing with its awesome design ideas... also had already played the Wipeout HD level, is amazing. One thing they mention on this preview is that the number of items in the beta is tiny compared to the final game.

My favourite level so though has to be one I found this morning whilst playing; Takeshi's Castle, tis fantastic.

Love how completing levels gives you whatever items the designer decides can be up for grabs.

Takeshi's Castle is amazing :D Teacup bit in LBP was GENIUS!! :)

I'm loving the level creation tool too.

There are SO many tutorials and so much to learn though. But when you get into it it's sublime. I'm having trouble making arches work (to walk under) without them "jumping" up and down randomly - when it really should be ok. (Can't work it out tbh and it's annoying me.) But the sounds feature is brilliant.

I stuck a good ten fart noises to objects and made them go up and down the scale from light fart to full on bear fart when you walked past. I then made 'Conkers bad fur day' trees (with eyes and sarcastic mouths) whom were all saying "scud" and "jeez!!" and "gas mask alert!" and "whoever smelt it dealt it" when you walked past. Toilet humour ftw!!

Great game. Loving my little mario sackboy. Sticking stickers onto yourself in an aim to create clothes is a nice touch.

This is Bernards Watch in videogame form :p

Takeshi's Castle is amazing :D Teacup bit in LBP was GENIUS!! :)

I'm loving the level creation tool too.

There are SO many tutorials and so much to learn though. But when you get into it it's sublime. I'm having trouble making arches work (to walk under) without them "jumping" up and down randomly - when it really should be ok. (Can't work it out tbh and it's annoying me.) But the sounds feature is brilliant.

I stuck a good ten fart noises to objects and made them go up and down the scale from light fart to full on bear fart when you walked past. I then made 'Conkers bad fur day' trees (with eyes and sarcastic mouths) whom were all saying "scud" and "jeez!!" and "gas mask alert!" and "whoever smelt it dealt it" when you walked past. Toilet humour ftw!!

Great game. Loving my little mario sackboy. Sticking stickers onto yourself in an aim to create clothes is a nice touch.

This is Bernards Watch in videogame form :p

I want to play that conkers bad fur level sounds awesome...

I'm working on a level its taken me ages so far and there isn't much to it at all...

Well my levels up, I aint no shigsy so its not the best design, or original. If you have go let me know what you think, good or bad, I am all grown up now so I can take criticism.

Its slightly like a Zelda game - hit this switch, open that gate, push block onto pressure pad ect...