N-Europe

Revolution to be cheapest next-gen console

Oli1983uk

Yeah...I cant afford to have another console aswell either. Not if i wanna get all the games I want for my primary one anyway. (This doesn't include handhelds, which, unfortunately for them, get less of my money put towards games for them. Though the DS might make up a good library with great games such as Mario Kart & AWDS).

The Revo does look hopeful though. Reggie said that there's some big guns comming out towards launch.If so there's a high chance I'll get one on launch.

What I've been doing for Revolution preparation is this. Basically, every week when I get paid, I put some aside for the Rev, so as to get as much as I possibly can. This money is untouched and won't be touched until I can preorder Rev stuff. So far, it has been working quite well, I have saved about £150. And the total is rising.

I did a similar thing with DS, and had about £300 saved for launch, which I used for a NDS VIP Pak, 6 games and a carry case. That worked out nicely, and I hope the same for the Rev.

To be fair don't you think it reads a lot like what the fanboys were hollerin' about when people were talking about hard-drives, DVD playback and online console gaming when the Cube was the new kid on the block?

They convinced themselves then that the Gamecube was the best thing ever because online gaming was for freaks, hard-drives were rubbish and nobody wanted DVD playback.

If Nintendo decides one or more of these things is a good idea it's pounced upon as the greatest thing ever and all previous hate goes out the window.

I will be buying the revolution primarily for back catalogue, then for the interesting controller, then because its small, then because of built in Lan ability. if its cheapest then cool, if it has an awesome catalogue of new games excellent, if it has a perfect online system great. but those things won't decide whether I buy it, if they influence anything it would be when I buy it. (ie how many price drops do I wait for)

DVD, Online capability and the built in flash memory aren't selling points for me (although the flash memory is being used for back catalogue, in which case you can choose to add that on)