NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dwarf

Holiday in America?

My family is thinking about going on holiday in America, seeing as we haven't been before and because it's such a huge place in many respects, but I'd just like to enquire about the appeal, what to do their and find out what the hype is over.

We were considering New York, for obvious reasons, but if there are better places then please alert me.

And are there things I should take advantage of? Market is really cheap compared to here and I was wondering if I could get any cheap games? Should I sell my Wii and get an American version for cheap and all of my current games? Yes its a lot of hassle but the price cuts are very inviting. So any tips here will be much appreciated. (approx price for 360 over there?)

Road tripping is the thing to do over there. Start New York, D.C., West Virginia, Carolinas (beaches), Tennessee, Route 66, Vegas, California.

Road tripping is the thing to do over there. Start New York, D.C., West Virginia, Carolinas (beaches), Tennessee, Route 66, Vegas, California.

That's what i'd do. But maybe not on a family holiday. Depends how up for it your family is though.

I've only ever been to various parts of Florida before (Theme Parks + I have family over there), about 8 times over the years. Going to New York in a month though.:yay:

Hmmm, if I could go, I'd go on a theme park visiting spree. Would looooove to visit some of those big ones. =D

And I'd also love to go visit national parks and see some of nature's beauty. ^_____^

Not sure I'd like to visit any big cities, unless they have pretty buildings and parks and aren't too crowded.

well its me 15, mum and dad middle aged and my sis who is 18 and may not be coming because of shit etc. arent really looking to do all the theme parks but probs end up doing one.

i do love them though

Florida still has a lot to offer other than the theme parks. Mainly the shopping areas and other fun things. It sounds like you may be better off in New York. As generally it would appeal to an older age group. Especially areas like Times Square, Statue of Liberty (and of course the Nintendo Store in "Rockefeller Center I think its called).

If your into DS games then definitely pick up a game or two because they are quite cheap across the Atlantic.

I would love to road trip across America, but that doesn't sound like a good family holiday. Hit up Florida / New York.

________

VIDEO REVIEWS

Edited by fex

Florida still has a lot to offer other than the theme parks. Mainly the shopping areas and other fun things. It sounds like you may be better off in New York. As generally it would appeal to an older age group. Especially areas like Times Square, Statue of Liberty (and of course the Nintendo Store in "Rockefeller Center I think its called).

If your into DS games then definitely pick up a game or two because they are quite cheap across the Atlantic.

Are DS games region free?

Are DS games region free?

Oh yes they are! =D

*has a ton of US DS games, like the one she's playing right now*

I'd recommend Florida only cos I went there. Wet n Wild, Epcot Centre, Disneyland ?, Universal Studios, etc.

I'd go back there again only to go on the Hulk rollercoaster. Man that was years ago :(

I sold my DS because it was crap. Only metroid hunters online was any good. and MKDS. After that zilch came out.

I'd recommend Florida only cos I went there. Wet n Wild, Epcot Centre, Disneyland ?, Universal Studios, etc.

I'd go back there again only to go on the Hulk rollercoaster. Man that was years ago :(

Because I am picky, I must point out that it's actually Disney World in Florida. Disneyland is in California. Disney World is better than Disneyland, too :smile:

Other than the theme parks of Orlando (and there are a LOT), Florida is pretty much Miami for the culture and beaches, St. Augustine for some history, the Keys for some more water, and the Everglades if you like swamps. It's nice. Going by canoe through the mangroves and walking through the natural parks are a couple natural activities I've enjoyed here. Not sure if it'd be my first pick in the US, but my family's never had the money or time to leave the state since they came from Cuba, so I can't suggest anything else.

A cliche vacation spot for American families is the Grand Canyon. Looks pretty in photos, if you like natural beauty.

New York is awesome, but it'd hardly be a good family holiday. It's great for sightseeing, but I wouldn't take any youngsters there.

I'd probably recommend Florida for all the theme parks and attractions.

there arent any youngsters so not to worry, I like sight seeing. Empire State ftw. Thing is flights are very expensive.

My first trip to the states was to New York and loved it. But I prefer city breaks to sun breaks as I can't stand sun bathing and all that.

But yeah New York was awesome I wanna go back for sure, you wont be let down.

I have just booked my 2nd trip to the states and im going to Las Vegas for New years. Can't wait :D

Las Vegas eh? You see im not sure that appeals to me for some reason, NY is just realing me in. I found it strange how my parents are both over 45 yet they have never been to America. It would just be strange passing a whole lifetime without paying it a visit.

I am still very patriotic about England though, I love living here. In fact Europe as a whole is fantastic (apart from Turkey & Germany)

Yeah well it's my mates birthday 31st dec + new years eve of course so we wanted to do something different and why not go vegas! haha. Should be good! :)

Whatever you do do not miss out on the gambling experience. Jokes, the last thing anyone should take up as a hobby is gambling. Stupid business. Although I think I could be one of the very few people who make profit from gambling. I made 1 fiver bet on manu and arsenal drawing 2-2 earlier this season and won 75 quid. Not bad.

Gotta quit while your ahead.

Hulk is king 10 times in one day :)

I've ridden that ride more times than i've had hot dinners. Islands Of Adventure definatly one of the best theme parks ever.

Actually, if we're having this discussion, Six Flags Magic Mountain in California is the best theme park ever. That or Cedar Park in Ohio.

Sign in to follow this