Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The GDC Thread

Hero-of-Time

Well the conference is today at 5:30pm (i think).

I'm just hoping we get a WiiWare + Brawl date for Europe and i'll be happy!

Actually some more info on WiiWare would be cool as well. Hopefully Tellyn is right, i do believe it's a 'WiiWare' specific conference..so...:smile:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea there's a WiiWare specific talk then shortly after one on Brawl. Depening how long the Brawl talk lasts it'll be half an hour after WiiWare. As for a Euro date for Brawl, here's hoping. Wonder if they'll mention lil old us at it :heh:

US time for talk is 9am for WiiWare and 10.30 for Brawl. No idea what time that makes it for us.

Is ti 5.30 then? Means i'll home for the talks and see if we get anything by then. If we don't get a date for Brawl hopefulle NoE will give out a date like Mario Kart and Brawl.

Is this even going on, or not? I'm sure i read there was a conference today!

Is the thread Tellyn's updating the actual conference info? I'm so confused...:D

No, it's basically like my Virtual Console and Wii Channels threads. :D I just thought now would be the perfect time to make it. It's up by the way. :)

Within the next couple of hours according to GoNintendo.

Do you know when it stars?

1st it is David Jaffe LiveText

David Jaffe has pulled out of his "keynote" speech on Friday at the Game Developers Conference due to "bronchitis". Paul Steed from Exigent kindly stepped in to take over and offer the audience career advice about the game industry.

and The cant do the Nintendo becuse it is not working.

Another piece from that second link I posted up there:

Okay, this is hilarious: Aoyama then pointed out how the blue flashing light on the Wii that lets you know when you have a new message is actually timed to the bird call of the Japanese bush warbler, a tiny bird whose distinctive chirp is heard throughout Japan in the spring and summer. The flashing of the blue light syncs up perfectly to the timing of the bird's chirp.

Thats quality.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/02/nintendos-takas.html

There is some info here:

http://blog.wired.com/games/

and here:

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/02/nintendos-takas.html#more

Fridge solution is that "They'll compress the games and then expand them when you start playing them. This step should help alleviate the problem with size limitations."

It'll never last.

Can someboy explain this to me?

Let's say Sin and Punishment requires 291 blocks and after the compression the game only needs half (145),when we are playing the game the decompression will actually start eating up another 145 blocks from our memory?And if yes,what will happen if we play the game without having more than 50 blocks anailable?

But firstly,can anyone tell me if this method will be used only for WiiWare or for VC games also via a Shop Channel update in the future?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!