Kirkatronics

Sexist?

Is it sexist?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Is it sexist?

• YES!
    • NO!
    • I dont care

At the moment I have a 54 plate 1.4 Peugeot 206 which costs me about £450 I think.

WTF?! How so cheap?

Yeah its a lot of money but I figure this is the only time before marriage' date=' kids etc. that I'll get to do it. They quite often have driver training days thrown in with them which I'll definately take up... Everyone who bought one in December a few years ago got a free trip to America with their car for a few days proper racing training - now that would be nice.

Crikey thats ridiculous! Any reason its so high? Write-off etc.? When I first got my car I specifically went for the Peugeot as I got a year free insurance to start me off, once that was under my belt I think I started paying about £800 which has slowly been working its way down since.[/quote']

WTF?! How so cheap?

Mine is a pretty average price lol.

Yours is shockingly low! WHY?!

I have no idea, I've just been working away on the age/no claims I suppose. Off the top of my head I have:

5 years since I passed my test

4 years no claims

0 tickets / convictions

I'm not sure how that compares to others but I still think I pay too much!

Oh...Lol...thought you meant thats how much you bought the car for. Lozzles.

My insurance this year was like £105 per month. 21 tomorrow, and my renewal is in about a month. Wheee. Accident free for one year.

Oh...Lol...thought you meant thats how much you bought the car for. Lozzles.

My insurance this year was like £105 per month. 21 tomorrow, and my renewal is in about a month. Wheee. Accident free for one year.

With direct line you get 2 years no claims for your first year without an accident lol :D

I dont understand why though :/

Haha I wish! Although by now its probably not worth much more than that! Any idea what your renewal price will be? I'm glad I don't have to pay that much a month, its a good few nights out!

*Sigh* wish i was young again... Oh wait your older than me :p Im only 22, i have a GF (been together 5 years now) have a 18 month old boy and another boy due in May. And a house... Oh well just think by the time i hit my Mid life crisis i should be able to afford a sports car!

With direct line you get 2 years no claims for your first year without an accident lol :D

U dont understand why though :/

all down to the joy of statistics again!

it's because you have shown you are a lower risk, and you are being compensated to bring you in line with lower risk drivers in a high risk rating.

all down to the joy of statistics again!

it's because you have shown you are a lower risk, and you are being compensated to bring you in line with lower risk drivers in a high risk rating.

Im happy with that :D

It proves experience =]

I got a double no claims in my second year with my car, definately worthwhile searching out someone who does it. Whats the max no claims you can have? Is there a limit?

I know this is fairly unrelated to car insurance.

But why is it socially acceptable that women are sexist towards men, but never the other way around?

I know this is fairly unrelated to car insurance.

But why is it socially acceptable that women are sexist towards men, but never the other way around?

I too think that, but it doesnt bother me aslong as it doesnt prevent me doing something.

woman slaps guys bum, guy laughs.

guy slaps girls bum, guy laughs, guy goes on disciplinary.

Because Women don't actually want equal rights, they think they do, but in actual fact they want better rights.

Because Women don't actually want equal rights' date=' they think they do, but in actual fact they want better rights.[/quote']

Not all wome, femenists want better rights for the wrongs weve been commiting for the last thousand years. I just think what have we done, none of us could have done anything..

Women should stay in the kitchen. And look pretty.

S'all they're good for.

Heh.

Oh God!

dont, we dont want flaming wars..

Where are the masculinists? There's feminists, but no masculinists. I hereby propose I become the first masculinist. Our first project will be to demand quadruple pay!

Where are the masculinists? There's feminists, but no masculinists. I hereby propose I become the first masculinist. Our first project will be to demand quadruple pay!
They are in the gym ;)

I got a double no claims in my second year with my car' date=' definately worthwhile searching out someone who does it. Whats the max no claims you can have? Is there a limit?[/quote']

max is usually 4 or sometimes 5, but most insurers will keep counting till 9 and offer a small loyalty discount instead. Additional years over max also makes it cheaper to protect it.

as a rough guideline:

1 year - 35/40%

2 - 50%

3 - 60%

4 - 65%

5 - 70% (if available)

Why do women have smaller feet than men?

So they can fit under the kitchen sink better :P

Why dont they send many women to the moon?

Because it dosnt need cleaning!

Whats the difference between your woman and your ferrari?

You wouldnt borrow your ferrari to you best mate!

Dont kill me >.>

Whats the difference between your woman and your ferrari?

You wouldnt borrow your ferrari to you best mate!

Dont kill me >.>

I will kill you, you can't borrow something to someone.

Wow.

Some really nice sexism going on in here!

Come on guys, i hope this is all just jest.

max is usually 4 or sometimes 5, but most insurers will keep counting till 9 and offer a small loyalty discount instead. Additional years over max also makes it cheaper to protect it.

as a rough guideline:

1 year - 35/40%

2 - 50%

3 - 60%

4 - 65%

5 - 70% (if available)

My grandad has 9 years no claims.

How does protecting it work? i know it stops it from dropping back to 0.

If you crash, does it just get ignored and your bonus keep going up.

OR

If you crash it just freezes and only goes up with an entire year of no claims?

Wow.

Some really nice sexism going on in here!

Come on guys, i hope this is all just jest.

Errrr....yeaaaa....Im just.....kidding.....

Sexism FTW.