NEurope
Twozzok

The smoking topic.

How is that license to smoke thing in any way a good idea?

It'd probably cost more in beaurocracy and office workers and shizzle then they actually get it. :/

I would say a good idea in terms of, if it works like it should then people would be less inclined and less able to smoke. However.. its impractical like you say. And it wont work. But at least they're trying to think of ways to solve this smoking problem.. maybe they'll have a good idea eventually....

How does making a license to drink compare to a license to smoke? People don't die of liver failure because someone was drinking around them.

I would say a good idea in terms of, if it works like it should then people would be less inclined and less able to smoke. However.. its impractical like you say. And it wont work. But at least they're trying to think of ways to solve this smoking problem.. maybe they'll have a good idea eventually....

Here's a thought, they could just outlaw tobacco.

If this goes through, we should make a petition for a license to drink.

Damn right.

And gambling.

(And sex)

Damn right.

And gambling.

(And sex)

Wouldn't make a blind bit of difference anyway.

You think these immigrants touting duty free on street corners are going to want to see a licence?

Wouldn't make a blind bit of difference anyway.

You think these immigrants touting duty free on street corners are going to want to see a licence?

Aye they can put as many licences as they want on things (as i said in the last page), but does it work when its not enforced? No.

Just another fund for government to waste i'm sure.

Aye they can put as many licences as they want on things (as i said in the last page), but does it work when its not enforced? No.

Just another fund for government to waste I'm sure.

Having to check for a licence would be exactly the same as having to check for ID/proof of age... it really wouldnt make the blindest bit of difference seens as off licences rarely check for ID as it is so it would be a waste of money. They've still got the right idea in trying to stop people from smoking. If the licence worked as it should it would be brilliant, but people are very stubborn in what 'their rights' are, and so will buy these things whether the law says they can or not.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18711498

This sums up my retort to anyone who says we cost the NHS too much.

According to the research, a person of normal weight costs on average £210,000 over their lifetime, a smoker just £165,000 and an obese person £187,000. And these figures don't even account for the excessive unfair tax burden placed upon smokers.

According to the research, a person of normal weight costs on average £210,000 over their lifetime, a smoker just £165,000 and an obese person £187,000. And these figures don't even account for the excessive unfair tax burden placed upon smokers.

Anyone that says that smokers cost the NHS too much need to actually look at how much fegs actually cost >_>

And the NHS is a corrupt shambles without the "cost" of "smoking related" illness.

I wish the NHS would stop wasting my money on getting smokers to stop smoking, who chose to smoke in the 1st place.

Anyone that says that smokers cost the NHS too much need to actually look at how much fegs actually cost >_>

You do realise that nothing of that goes to the actual NHS? It goes to the higher ups that do nothing but get money....Much like the Govt. making their own choices how much themselves get paid, when they do fuck all, instead of us.

I wish the NHS would stop wasting my money on getting smokers to stop smoking, who chose to smoke in the 1st place.

You do realise that nothing of that goes to the actual NHS? It goes to the higher ups that do nothing but get money....Much like the Govt. making their own choices how much themselves get paid, when they do fuck all, instead of us.

I'm pretty aware thanks. I happen to work in the NHS itself =)

(And no, i'm not one of those "higher ups" that get a ton of money for shit all. I'm one of the grade3 bastards who get shit pay, and treated in the same manner.)

I'm pretty aware thanks. I happen to work in the NHS itself =)

(And no, i'm not one of those "higher ups" that get a ton of money for shit all. I'm one of the grade3 bastards who get shit pay, and treated in the same manner.)

I wasn't going to suggest you were:heh: I doubt you'd be wasting your time here if you were. :wtf:You'd be too busy murduring babies with money or something:wtf:

And the NHS is a corrupt shambles without the "cost" of "smoking related" illness.

Everyone seems to complain about the NHS and I can't see why sometimes. My personal experience have been very pleasent with them and sure the waiting times were always a bit long but then it's not like it is private care or anything. At least we all get free health care here anyway, I think peoples standards are too high sometimes. Unless of course you care to educate me in how it is 'a corrupt shambles'. In all seriousness, I hear many complaints about it but no one ever seems to state why it is bad, except the long waiting times. :wtf:

I wasn't going to suggest you were:heh: I doubt you'd be wasting your time here if you were. :wtf:You'd be too busy murduring babies with money or something:wtf:

The whole system is a shambles (in Northern Ireland especially) at the minute.

Seriously you guys really have NO IDEA how corrupt it is. Money is being put into things/people that are totally unnecessary.

So I think smokers are honestly the least of our worries. :blank:

Edit: I would explain specifics, but it would span at least 3 or 4 long paragraphs. This is mostly regarding the background stuff most "patients" normally will not see.

Health care itself is pretty good, I see 3 or 4 types of professionals regularly myself and I definitely have no problem there...

Weird thing, I just got 3 packs of these new type of Rizla in the post.

Apparently they have holes in them.

The smooth ones, I dont like em. But then agin I hate anything that isnt blue.

Yeah, those are the ones, I don't know how I got on their mailing list though.

Hahaha!

genuine LOL

Good research Twozzok.

Personally, smoking would never be something I'd consider. I understand why people may like it, but the habit just doesn't appeal to me. I'll stick to fast food, thanks.

guessing you don't mean tobacco?

Me?

I did actually mean normal cigarette smoking..

Yes.

I did.

:heh: