NEurope
Guest Maase

Question: Zelda's Timeline X_X

Can somebody explain to me the real model? Im so confused -_-

I don't really understand myself, but this is the basic of what i understand.

After oot, the game split into two timelines, which are:

OOt->TP

OOT->WW->PH

I don't know how the other games fit in

Nintendo never actually intended for a real timeline. They just set out to make a story.

Also, why the HELL is this in the Wii Discussion thread?

Nintendo never actually intended for a real timeline. They just set out to make a story.

Also, why the HELL is this in the Wii Discussion thread?

Probably because this is the most active

The Minish Cap is the first game chronologically.

then FS and the fist timeline might go like this Oot,Tp,Lttp,La,FSA.

Don't dare fathom how the timeline works, it's more complex than a females mind.

Just like with girls minds, just leave it and know things work out.

I see it as something like that:

Minish Cap -> OOT

Then the timeline split depending of which universe you choose.

-World leaved by adult Link:

OOT -> WW (seeing they mention the hero disappearing after defeating Ganondorf being defeated and never coming back)-> PH

-World where Young Link lived:

OOT -> MM (Young Link went exploring parallele world of Termina while searching for Navi or someone else) -> TP (Ganondorf was probably jailed while attacking Hyrule castle to steal triforce. The sages were not awaken by Link so they take an etheral shape, which is a materialisation of their power, instead of being incarnated in a live being)

For the others, I don't really care to place them in the timeline since it doesn't change anything.

I see it as something like that:

Minish Cap -> OOT

Then the timeline split depending of which universe you choose.

-World leaved by adult Link:

OOT -> WW (seeing they mention the hero disappearing after defeating Ganondorf being defeated and never coming back)-> PH

-World where Young Link lived:

OOT -> MM (Young Link went exploring parallele world of Termina while searching for Navi or someone else) -> TP (Ganondorf was probably jailed while attacking Hyrule castle to steal triforce. The sages were not awaken by Link so they take an etheral shape, which is a materialisation of their power, instead of being incarnated in a live being)

For the others, I don't really care to place them in the timeline since it doesn't change anything.

This much i know, but i'd like to see how the other games fit

The best fitting theory is something like this.

Link I: The Minish Cap -> Four Swords Advance -> Four Swords Adventures

Link II: Ocarina of Time -> Majora's Mask (splits into the ending with Young Link)

Link III: (splits into the ending with Adult Link) The Wind Waker -> Phantom Hourglass

The Oracles, the NES games, Link's Awakening and A Link to the Past can be appended to either branch (although the Young Link branch is a bit more probable), but they didn't seem to have been working on any storyline before Ocarina. The Oracles have a too general background, so they fit almost everywhere.

The best fitting theory is something like this.

Link I: The Minish Cap -> Four Swords Advance -> Four Swords Adventures

Link II: Ocarina of Time -> Majora's Mask (splits into the ending with Young Link)

Link III: (splits into the ending with Adult Link) The Wind Waker -> Phantom Hourglass

The Oracles, the NES games, Link's Awakening and A Link to the Past can be appended to either branch (although the Young Link branch is a bit more probable), but they didn't seem to have been working on any storyline before Ocarina. The Oracles have a too general background, so they fit almost everywhere.

Actually ALttP has to go into the "young link" timeline as that stories would be taking place likely at the same time, given both games backstories tell the story of OOT but slightly different due to the variations in the timelines.

The only thing stopping me right now from posting an excessively long post on my timeline theory is i'm bloody tired right now :heh:

Actually ALttP has to go into the "young link" timeline as that stories would be taking place likely at the same time, given both games backstories tell the story of OOT but slightly different due to the variations in the timelines.
True. Most sensible would be Majora's Mask -> Link IIIb: Twilight Princess(?) -> Link IV: A Link To The Past -> Link's Awakening (?) -> Link V: Zelda I -> Zelda II

The only ones that really link are OoT and MM. Could be wrong.

Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass?

I'm sure Link's Awakening is a sequel to A Link to the Past.

And you just know that there is some link between the Oracle games. :wink:

The only ones that really link are OoT and MM. Could be wrong.

TP is conformed to take place 100s of years after OOT

It's been officially stared that:

A) Ocarina of Time (Adult timeline with no Link) - Wind Waker - Phantom Hourglass

B) Ocarina of time (Child timeline with Link) - Majora's Mask - Twilight Princess

Minish Cap is probably the only game before OoT and the rest would continue after Twilight Princess (No other game would fit after Phantom Hourglass - Wind Waker used up the Triforce's one wish and sealed Hyrule forever).

There's

Four Swords - Four Swords Adventures* - A Link to the Past - Link's Awakening

*In FSA Ganon obtains the Trident that he uses in ALttP.

Then we have Legend of Zelda - Zelda 2 (The Zelda in this game is the first Zelda, from before OoT - her eternal sleep is why all queens/princesses are called Zelda).

So I'd say

Timeline A:

Minish Cap - Ocarina of Time (Adult) - Wind Waker - Phantom Hourglass

Timeline B:

Minish Cap - Ocarina of time (Child) - Majora's Mask - Twilight Princess - Four Swords - Four Sword Adventures - A Link to the Past - Link's Awakening - Legend of Zelda - Zelda 2: Adventure of Link.

And then there's the Oracle games. Which don't fit very well.

In terms of Zelda and Link's (Zx and Lx) for timeline B

Earlier (Z1) - Minish Cap (Z2/L1) - Ocarina of time (Child) (Z3/L2) - Majora's Mask (Z3/L2) - Twilight Princess (Z4/L3) - Four Swords (Z5/L4) - Four Sword Adventures (Z5/L4) - A Link to the Past (Z6/L5) - Link's Awakening (Z6/L5) - Legend of Zelda (Z7/L5) - Zelda 2: Adventure of Lin (Z1/L5).

It's been officially stared that:

A) Ocarina of Time (Adult timeline with no Link) - Wind Waker - Phantom Hourglass

B) Ocarina of time (Child timeline with Link) - Majora's Mask - Twilight Princess

Minish Cap is probably the only game before OoT and the rest would continue after Twilight Princess (No other game would fit after Phantom Hourglass - Wind Waker used up the Triforce's one wish and sealed Hyrule forever).

There's

Four Swords - Four Swords Adventures* - A Link to the Past - Link's Awakening

*In FSA Ganon obtains the Trident that he uses in ALttP.

Then we have Legend of Zelda - Zelda 2 (The Zelda in this game is the first Zelda, from before OoT - her eternal sleep is why all queens/princesses are called Zelda).

So I'd say

Timeline A:

Minish Cap - Ocarina of Time (Adult) - Wind Waker - Phantom Hourglass

Timeline B:

Minish Cap - Ocarina of time (Child) - Majora's Mask - Twilight Princess - Four Swords - Four Sword Adventures - A Link to the Past - Link's Awakening - Legend of Zelda - Zelda 2: Adventure of Link.

And then there's the Oracle games. Which don't fit very well.

In terms of Zelda and Link's (Zx and Lx) for timeline B

Earlier (Z1) - Minish Cap (Z2/L1) - Ocarina of time (Child) (Z3/L2) - Majora's Mask (Z3/L2) - Twilight Princess (Z4/L3) - Four Swords (Z5/L4) - Four Sword Adventures (Z5/L4) - A Link to the Past (Z6/L5) - Link's Awakening (Z6/L5) - Legend of Zelda (Z7/L5) - Zelda 2: Adventure of Lin (Z1/L5).

Thanks, that cleared a lot up

I agree with that timeline Cube, except that it hasn't been oficially stated. The only thing I dont understand is why is Minish Cap before OoT?

I agree with that timeline Cube, except that it hasn't been oficially stated. The only thing I dont understand is why is Minish Cap before OoT?

Only the relationship between OoT, MM, TP, WW and PH have been offiicially stated.

The Legend talked about at the beginning of Minish Cap is the Hero of Men (or something like that). The hero looks similar to Link, but no signature hat. Minish Cap "adds" the hat to the image of Link.

i thought ww was in the oot-mm time line, i thought that leaving hyrule was what caused the triforce to break, though i suppose adult link technicaly leaves too, as in is sent back and dosent become hero of time.

i thought ww was in the oot-mm time line, i thought that leaving hyrule was what caused the triforce to break, though i suppose adult link technicaly leaves too, as in is sent back and dosent become hero of time.

Link could still make his way back to Hyrule after MM. The adult timeline essentially completely erases Link.

Remember the execution scene in Twilight Princess? The sages are different and Gannondorf isn't sealed away already. That's because Link and Zelda managed to reveal his plans in the child timeline so the OoT sages were never "awakened" and the sages of light dealt with Gannondorf.

Remember the execution scene in Twilight Princess? The sages are different and Gannondorf isn't sealed away already. That's because Link and Zelda managed to reveal his plans in the child timeline so the OoT sages were never "awakened" and the sages of light dealt with Gannondorf.
Yes, Twilight Princess specifically refers to the Ocarina of Time there, I forgot. It must follow that Twilight Princess follows the Adult timeline after Ocarina of Time. Does Ganondorf posess the Triforce of Power there already?

I think Nintendo only started to make the legend complete after Ocarina of Time; official staments about A Link to the Past are too mixed, and the first two Zeldas aren't really rich in story. The Oracles are a bit too general, but they fit in pretty much everywhere after Ocarina of Time and before the Wind Waker.