N-Europe

Help Me Photoshop

fex

Ok, I'd say I know my way around photoshop quite well and we get on. In order to achieve a certain look I generally have to look at a few tutorials before I get comfortable to tackle things on my own. I now want to take on bigger projects, yet they seem a massive step up from the more simple pieces I have been working on.

Does anyone know of any tutorials which can help me raise my game and produce images like

The_Macchina_by_aleszev.jpg

iso50_poster_02.jpg

070716_iso50_04.jpg

I imagine the majority of these can be done in photoshop, but would I be better trying these in Illustrator? I haven't got to grips with Illustrator yet.

________

FERRARI F151

Edited by fex

Guest Stefkov

Stuff like is done in Illustrator. I think vectors and all that.

It can be done in Photoshop.

To make stuff like that you just have to stop with the tutorials and find out what stuff does.

I have no idea what everything does in the program. I think my Graphics teacher even said he didn't.

To make that you just need time and the will to carry on.

Just play around with it, eventually you'll find out how to do it or something even more cool, For stuff like that though I would recommend using both Photoshop and Illustrator.

Oh and you're going to want to export to PSD from Illustrator, not import the AI files into photoshop.

What you want to do it gain a nice vector pack of brushes and need to master the use of the creating clipping masks. After that it is all about colour balance.

If trying to learn colour harmony by yourself, its a good idea to use Kular (in illustrator CS3) Window > Adobe Labs > Kular. Its a search engine for colour harmony swatch pallets. Also Illustrator's live colour.

If trying to learn colour harmony by yourself, its a good idea to use Kular (in illustrator CS3) Window > Adobe Labs > Kular. Its a search engine for colour harmony swatch pallets. Also Illustrator's live colour.

Wow, thanks for that, certainly will come in handy. Has anyone got any good tutorial sites about illustrator, preferably really good ones which tutorials that teach you something worth knowing?

________

D ENGINE

Edited by fex

How about creativity? Its not hard to get around with the tools but to come up with something like that needs lot of creativity, not everyone has it.

Indeed. The problem of today is that everybody thinks that they can just make this stuff with photoshop and illustrator, but you can't. You need to be creative, find your own ways of using the TOOLS that are provided to you.

Photoshop is not creativity

Illustrator is not creativity

They're tools.

If you know your tools, you can make what you want. Michelangelo didn't make the David thanks to the hamer he used, but thanks to the creativity he had.

Man's need to put everything into numbers is disgusting.

Creativity is determined by the way you think about the things. Do you swim against stream or with the stream? Do you challenge yourself everyday? Do you wonder why we are here?

Creativity is what you can do when you're doing it.

Not '73%".

Creativity is determined by the way you think about the things. Do you swim against stream or with the stream? Do you challenge yourself everyday? Do you wonder why we are here?

Not '73%".

That is the best thing I've heard in a long while.

Not '73%".

Yes but the quiz still gives you a general idea of how creative you are.