N-Europe

Fibre To Home - Broadband Speed Petition

david.dakota

Puh-lease. The best chance we have of decent internet connections is currently in the hands of Virgin Media and soon H20 (sewer cable, project finished by 2015).

BT are not willing to fork out any money what so ever. Shetland only got ADSL because the council paied for it, their servers are a joke and we have some of the slowest speeds in Europe. Why should BT spend money on something where they are raking in profit?

I'll still sign it... but it feels fruitless.

By the end of this year there will be a 4Mbps wireless network across most of the country, hardly slow. The problem at the moment is price and usage limits, but these will fall over time. Better to wait for that than try to convince BT to lay new cables, they#ll drag they're heels even if the PM gives them a kick up the arse!

If it was country wide wireless, your router would have **** all to do with it.

Cable run needs to be done across the country, phone lines as well. It all needs to be replaced with fibre optics.

And speeds of 100Mbps will make HD streaming come a lot quicker.

Not to mention, super fast lag free Brawl.

Signed!

I don't trust the whole idea behind going completely wireless for Internet, at least not while it's the likes of Orange and Vodafone providing it. Maybe Three would do a good job as long as you didn't need support but all the mobile network's uage limits are awful.

I've been wanting a UK equivelant to Verizon FiOS for a while now. The UK's biggest problem is that BT has an almost complete monopoly, with only some places having Virgin cable and even then, Virgin aren't necessarily that great. At least in the US you've got all the different companies trying to get people to choose them, e.g. Verizon (FiOS! Woo!), Comcast, AT&T etc.