N-Europe

n64 mag

Hmm, they must have both done them because I don't recall having a Gex card but only Nintendo's own characters. I'm positive I didn't get them with N64 mag because I rarely bought it- I read my friends and I got the official mag. Well, having said that I did fork out for N64 when they had cool free gifts- like the N64 cartridge holder, so it is possible I bought it for the Top Trumps cards as well.

Nah, it was a pack of cards in a red box... I remember Mario and a few others. They were too colourful to be from any other mag than the official one.

The Official Nintendo Mag gave away Nintendo themed playing cards as well as Top Trump ones if I'm not mistaken. I have Top Trump Nintendo cards and I'm certain I didn't get them with N64 or NGC.

yeh that was defaintely free with onm, ive still got mine somewhere. Used to play them on the bus to school when I was in the first year of secondary school.

Darksnowman: (Or Matthew Bellamy!)

I recently gave those top trumps away to my nephew. They did indeed come with ONM. The N64 cards had worldy bloke and joanna dark (Will Overtons drawing) in them. That was the only real difference (apart from Gex as the joker!). The ONM cards were better quality too :o Great memories of playing with those in school. And STILL in fashion today. (Apart from 80% of the Diddy Kong Racing characters!)

My N64/NGC/NGamer magazine collection still sits beside me in my loft as I type here. N64 was a great magazine with fabulous humour. Jes Bickham, Tim Weaver and Will Overton were astoundingly good writers with a wickedly British sense of humour.