Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wireless Media Streaming

Ashley

So theres a house I live in and theres four of us. A wireless internet and a big HDTV in the living room and heres the plan; utilise it.

So yeah. Wirless media sharing. Other than through a 360 (as I be on a Mac) any good products for it. Can only find two on PC World (this and a slightly cheaper Phillips). Can anyone reccomend some, or say if its worthwhile at all. (my biggest fear is as its streaming it may be slow and crap)

Don't fucking bother.

Streaming video unless in a program dedicated for it (Ie: A Media Centre Extender) you'll get clicking and pauses every so often that'll ruin the experience.

If you're on Mac you could go for an Apple TV? wich is pretty good at streaming? I know, crappy solution (it'll cost you), but you could go for that.

The only thing you need is: a mac, an Apple TV and a wireless network.

Or you could try to connect a tiny computer to your TV and install iTunes on it? It allows for streaming from the other person's library (only streaming, though)

And if you decided to go for a mac mini you could use front row and essentially have an apple TV that if you want to you could browse the web from, and if you needed to run any other server things like backups you could do that from the mini.

Thats what I'm planing on doing anyway...

A mini PC wouldn't work as well with his Mac though.

My solution isn't too apple, it only involves buying one apple product.

But you advice a) not an 'cheap' (Apple-terms) APpleTV b) a Mac (it's pretty expensive for what you get and what you need).

But honestly shorty, I think there are cheap windows pc's out there that you can use as media center, even PC's that go as low as beneath €100.