NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Caris

what do you think of these parts?

I'm building a PC sometime in January and was wondering what everyone thought of these parts, there nothing flashy but i'm wondering if they will be able to overclock well?

capturemh6.jpg

I know, I was pulling your leg.

Anyway, everything looks good, I assume you're not going to be using the stock heat sink?

Negative, i have a Frezzer 7 in the house.

Should the motherboard be ok for Overclocking? I don't know much on that chipset and mATX boards.

I have an ASUS P5B an an e4300 that is permanently overclocked to 266FSB on stock cooling. Easy as pie - just two or three tweaks in the BIOS and a reboot.

Never had a problem.

I have the same RAM, it's good stuff, just remember to set the timings manually to 4-4-4-12 in the BIOS, since the stock SPD settings are slightly slacker at 5-5-5-15, if I remember correctly.

Infact I also have the same PSU, fantastic choice ;)

If you can spend the couple extra quid, get a new stepping Conroe instead of the Allendale, the cheapest being E6550, it has double the cache. Overclock that sucker for seriously juicy performance.

If your budget is strapped, unless you have some amazingly expensive speaker setup, drop the sound card and get the Conroe, in my opinion. The board already has 7.1 realtek audio, and as much as you may laugh, onboard sound really is good enough for most uses these days.

Thread stolen.

Just wondering what people thought of this

pcbb7.jpg

Of course I want to build my own pc, a first pc I've built, so...

I just rememebered a monitor. I'll use my tv, if I do build this, for starters.

I'm not great with pc parts so cheers.

(I'm the type of person who wants all the amazing new stuff, which I won't be able to afford so I tried to tone myself down a bit)

You don't need a 750W PSU for a start, but Corsair is a great brand for PSUs - get the HX520 instead, I have a HX520 and I run an overclocked Core 2 Duo, a Radeon HD 2900XT, 2x 250GB drives, and 2 other graphics cards on top.

Cheers for the feedback. I've gone and changed the PSU down to what you suggested. The price went down quite a bit, I added another Seagate 250GB HDD and a Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 2900 GT instead of the other card and it came out less than before.

So other than that the rest of the pc is fine?

I'd serisouly consider buying all those parts if I could scavenge up the money.

Constantly changing it now. never mind.

Sign in to follow this