N-Europe

Heaphones

Daft

I need an awesome pair of headphones (I only want the ones that go over your head). I'm getting them from America. Any recommendations?!?

RP-DJ1200A_500.jpg

I was thinking of getting these: http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/technics_dj/prod_intro_rpdj1200.asp

Yes? No? Any recommendations?? I'm a bit clueless about headphones I just know I want a REALLY nice pair for Xmas! :heh:

So basically you want some of those headphones that when people see you in the street they'll think "damn, he must be serious about his music" even though the quality isn't really necessary for playing mp3's and the things are actually designed for DJs. Not that it'll matter after the first couple of weeks because you'll soon get mugged? (:heh:)

Well, don't ignore what Sony and Sennheiser have to offer. (not sure of your price range?)

So basically you want some of those headphones that when people see you in the street they'll think "damn, he must be serious about his music" even though the quality isn't really necessary for playing mp3's and the things are actually designed for DJs. Not that it'll matter after the first couple of weeks because you'll soon get mugged? (:heh:)

Yeah, you've got the gist! :heh: (I know, very silly)

I think I'll probably get some Sennheisers but I just wanted to know if anyone knew if those were any good.

May I reccomend anythign by Grado. I'm after a pair of headphones by them myself and if you don't mind a bit of discomfort, the sound quality is ment to be the best for the money. Grado SR60/80 or even theigrado headphones are supposedly quite good. I'd reccomend the latter as a 'street' pair, they're easier on the eye.

No you are seriously going to get a difference in sound quality if you using Sennheisers over iPod stock earphones.

Obviously I was over-exaggerating. But there is a point where going for more expensive headphones makes jackshit difference when you're out and about.

More important would be the sound source, I mean if you're listening to 64k MP3 files, it's gonna sound shit whatever headphones you're using.

• 2 weeks later...