NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Resident Evil 4 - :)

You could always shoot their legs off, Flink. I'm sure that would make killing them easier.

You could always shoot their legs off, Flink. I'm sure that would make killing them easier.

Oh, I have tried that. I was playing this with someone else in the room watching me.

So, I shot the one leg off, and laughed as it felt. Then, it just jumped and bit my neck off! We both jumped a mile, it was pretty hilarious.

But, the way it jumped, it was creepy in itself.

Oh, I have tried that. I was playing this with someone else in the room watching me.

So, I shot the one leg off, and laughed as it felt. Then, it just jumped and bit my neck off! We both jumped a mile, it was pretty hilarious.

But, the way it jumped, it was creepy in itself.

That's pretty much identical to my own situation. "Ha, look at the stupid thing! Not so tough now arGGGHHHDEMENTEDSALMON!"

My friend refused to go to sleep until the game was finished after that.

It is such a great game. I actually own both the GC version and the Wii version. What's more as a testament to it's greatness I would say it's one of the best games on the Wii despite it's age.

A timeless classic in fact.

I own both versions aswell, my most played game ever, though fallout 3 is catching up.

That's pretty much identical to my own situation. "Ha, look at the stupid thing! Not so tough now arGGGHHHDEMENTEDSALMON!"

My friend refused to go to sleep until the game was finished after that.

I've been pretty terrified of them since that. I run for miles before trying around and firing at the bugger.

Ah, I want to play this again. Just finished RE 5 last night and I still prefer this to that. Never had it on the Wii so perhaps I should just get it on there instead of getting the GC version again and blasting through with the infinite rocket launcher and the chicago typewriter.

Think in the couple of run throughs I did on the game, about 4 or 5, only once did I use the infra-red scope on the regenerators. The other times I would just use either a magnum that I sort of upgraded or my chicago typewriter and just drilled it full of holes until it stopped regenerating. Very satisfying just letting the bullets fly into that thing. :D Have to say that they're probably one of the best inclusions into the series because they instilled a proper sense of fear into you knowing that you couldn't simply shot the legs and take it down that way as it was still capable of jumping up and taking your head. Should have brought those into RE 5 instead of the lickers.

I did a handgun run on this game just after christmas (i dont know why, i just love the game and really got into it again) and killing the regeneraters with a handgun is just insanity. popping off shots into them hoping for them to explode before you've run out of ammo. intense.

It was pretty much a knife run to be fair due to the sheer lack of ammo, although the game did seem to cotton on eventually and stopped with the useless ammo. :)

I could write about fond memories of this game for pages and pages, i've had that much fun with it.

Mercinaries is just brilliant,

nothing better then making a huge kill count with hunk, purely by snapping necks (i put it in spoiler tags because the first time i saw the neck break was just.....woah).

Also just going through the game with the extra weapons and decimating everything is quite fun.

Unlocking the handcannon felt like such an achievement.

straight away me and a mate loaded an old save file and sold everything in order to buy the handcannon. we ended up about 3000 short of infinate ammo, so i ended up killing the chainsaw guy in the village with a knife because we had no ammo. was brilliant :yay:.

The rest of the game was just one shot kill :D

Its a shame the Wii doesn't look like it will get 5, but oh well, i can't seem to eject the smash bros disk at the moment anyway :heh:

Edited by DuD

Regenerators are little shits. There's nothing more horrifying than learning you don't have enough rifle rounds to take one out even with the infra-red scope.

Luckily, I think I'm past most of them now, but I know I'm right near fighting "it", and still hardly have any ammo.

The more I play this, the less I care about Resident Evil 5 not being on Wii. I'm sure it's a dumb, fun action game, but I don't get the vibe that this gives me.

I'd love to see a game in the spirit of Resi 4 on Wii, but more focus on gritty, close combat. Maybe you could have a handgun, but most fighting done with MotionPlus-enabled knife/hand-to-hand combat. It would also be dandy to duck and dodge at times. Anyway, this is one of those ideas that's been floating around in me noggin for ages, so I could probably write an essay on how it would work...

But yeah - Resi 4. Top notch.

I've not been that bothered about not getting 5. even one of my mates telling me bits about the story/game is not making me want to play 5, but more-so makes me want to go back to 4. Just shows how good this game is.

Well like I said, I've come off of the back of completing RE 5 and the first thing I thought was that I wanted to play this again because it really is the better game. Wii owners shouldn't be upset that they haven't gotten RE 5 on the Wii because it's not as good as RE 4.

I did a handgun run on this game just after christmas (i dont know why, i just love the game and really got into it again) and killing the regeneraters with a handgun is just insanity. popping off shots into them hoping for them to explode before you've run out of ammo. intense.

It was pretty much a knife run to be fair due to the sheer lack of ammo, although the game did seem to cotton on eventually and stopped with the useless ammo. :)

I could write about fond memories of this game for pages and pages, i've had that much fun with it.

Mercinaries is just brilliant,

nothing better then making a huge kill count with hunk, purely by snapping necks (i put it in spoiler tags because the first time i saw the neck break was just.....woah).

Also just going through the game with the extra weapons and decimating everything is quite fun.

Unlocking the handcannon felt like such an achievement.

straight away me and a mate loaded an old save file and sold everything in order to buy the handcannon. we ended up about 3000 short of infinate ammo, so i ended up killing the chainsaw guy in the village with a knife because we had no ammo. was brilliant :yay:.

The rest of the game was just one shot kill :D

Its a shame the Wii doesn't look like it will get 5, but oh well, i can't seem to eject the smash bros disk at the moment anyway :heh:

Use the knife on them, works a treat it does.

Use the knife on them, works a treat it does.

LIES! Nah in all seriousness it works, if you have the guts and a good rhythm that is.

Can't believe i didn't try the knife on them considering i've used the knife on nearly everything else.

RE5 might not be as good as RE4 in some respects, mainly the fact that Resi 4 laid down the foundations for Resi 5 but Imo it's like this as far as the stronger points go...

Size of game - Resi 4

Story - Resi 5

Gameplay - Resi 4&5

Boss Battles - Resi 4

Controls - Resi 4

Mercenaries - Resi 5

Those are the main points for me without getting too finite and getting into the weapons, different enemies etc, also graphics don't come into it as the games are a generation apart.

So basically Resi 4 is better in some respects but some of the advancements that RE5 offers are most welcome, the best additions for me personally are the inventory system (even though I did like organising the attache case in RE4) and Co-op Mercenaries mode, both are truly great games though and the whole thing about them straying from the original concept really doesn't matter that much Imo, the series has just evolved.

Mind you it would be nice in the next one if they had a few more puzzles but defintiely not as many as in the originals, maybe keep the over-the shoulder view but have certain sections that are more restrictive to keep both kinds of Resi fans happy and obviously make the main adventure solo again, because as good as the co-op is in Resi 5 I'm not sure if they will do it again for the next title, they could add it in as an extra mode though, or just keep it to Mercenaries because that mode in co-op truly is epic. ^^

So yeah, in summary they are both quality titles that have a lot of decent points to be said for each. : peace:

it would be nice in the next one if they had a few more puzzles but defintiely not as many as in the originals

I think an eventual RE6 should have more puzzles than RE4 did. Keep the same gameplay, but add more action breaks with some puzzles.

A good example to look at would be Half Life 2. I just completed that this month in the Orange Box (along with its Episodes) and thought the balance between action FPS and puzzle solver was great. RE6 should be something like that, they would keep the fast action introduced in RE4 but there should be breaks in between with puzzles to solve in order to advance.

Making a shorter game with no puzzles is definitely not the way to go... :(

obviously make the main adventure solo again

Definitely in agreement.

Quick question, is Resi 4 hard to get into without playing the first 3 for the story?

Quick question, is Resi 4 hard to get into without playing the first 3 for the story?

Not at all, just pick up and play, really. :) In fact, the game pretty much ignores RE's legacy, just mentioning something here and there. Besides, I think as the game begins, you get a bit of backstory, something like some title cards about past games' main events (Spencer Mansion incident and Raccoon City incident). Don't worry about that, you won't have a problem getting into it. :)

Can't believe i didn't try the knife on them considering i've used the knife on nearly everything else.

Yeah the knife is brilliant against some bosses; El Gigante and krauser to name a couple.

And Emasher, RE4 was the first Resi I ever played and I got into it right away!

Emasher: I've played REmake, RE: Zero, and parts of Code Veronica. But, I think you can manage just fine without playing any of these.

Also, after playing this with Wii controls, I don't really want to go back to using a traditional control pad. The aiming is just...I want to make love to it.

I tell you one thing, if Capcom don't provide us with another third person Resi in the future, after this effort, I'll crucify them myself.

Quick answer, no! buy it.

What's all this "just a pistol" nonsense? The Red9 is the only gun you need!

The Red9 is an amazing gun but I prefer the Blacktail, it's just so so sleek and sexy. Perfect gun :)

On my handgun run i used all the handguns (except the Matilda) because they've all got their different plus points.

The Red9 literally raped salazar to the point where i almost felt sorry for him :smile:

Krauser. Hard Mode. Very limited ammunition...

*breaks down into tears*

NEVER use ammo against him! He usually just runs towards you so just stab him a few times with the knife and your done. Easiest boss imo.