NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars

The SP is great, the MP isn't quite as good as RA2 or Generals.

Its still a fantastic game... but nothing, nothing beats W40K: Dawn of War on PC.

Brian Mcoy would have stuff to say about this :P

Yeah I love this game. Kane's Wrath looks to be a good expansion too.

I got a copy for my Yule from a friend and I have to say im impressed. Having played all the others Im happy to have this in my collection.

The skrin must be unlocked...

I love it.. havent playd it that much yet because I don't havde that much playing time on my hands.. but come friday that will change. then I have a 2 month vacation coming up.. wuhuuuuuuuuuuuu..

I've had it since it came out. PC Version.

Im like it quite a lot, i prefer the SP of this to ZH. I haven't really played any MP, i just know i'll get my ass handed. I played against Dyson once, ended up 1:1 though.

I haven't tried online since any of the more recent patches so units will be balanced totally differently, when i played i won as Nod with classic tank spam.

Anyone up for an online on PC, who is also a total noob..?

Ahhhhh, its good to see others feel the same. I am totally hooked to the online mode and the time just seems to fly by, I never gamed like this in a long time. I get excited at the prospect of owning n00bs...oh the n00bs, you gotta love 'em!

I would love to play you guys in the near future, but I sold my PC version along with my laptop, but I'll be opening my Elite for Chrimbo and get Command and Conquer for that.

I'm NOD all the way, and my strategy is usually the a 5 stealthed Flame Tank rush which I hide in the corner of the opposing base then jam the radar and then "our base in under attack"...:D. I love the Vertigo bombers, and 6-10 pack of avatars are unstoppable when they all focus their energy.

Redzone Rampage is classic!!

The SP is great, the MP isn't quite as good as RA2 or Generals.

Its still a fantastic game... but nothing, nothing beats W40K: Dawn of War on PC.

SP? MP? How is W40k, is it the same sort of 'build base then attack' sort of gameplay? TBH any strategy game tickles my fancies.

Me, Nintenchris and Chuck play this on Live quite often. It's good.

You play i win :heh:

Na its awesome, i love playing with you guys.

It would be twice as good if i didnt have to see Rob eating a years supply of wheato's outta a bucket with a shovel tho.

SP? MP? How is W40k, is it the same sort of 'build base then attack' sort of gameplay? TBH any strategy game tickles my fancies.

SP is huge, theres 3 campagins (since theres 1 game and 2 expansions).

MP is hectic, really hectic. Huge, huge teams with giant armys.

It has a great style of re-enforcing of current troops which really works :).

I've had it since it came out. PC Version.

Im like it quite a lot, i prefer the SP of this to ZH. I haven't really played any MP, i just know i'll get my ass handed. I played against Dyson once, ended up 1:1 though.

I haven't tried online since any of the more recent patches so units will be balanced totally differently, when i played i won as Nod with classic tank spam.

Anyone up for an online on PC, who is also a total noob..?

Yeah, I want a rematch, ya bugger :P

You play i win :heh:

Na its awesome, i love playing with you guys.

It would be twice as good if i didnt have to see Rob eating a years supply of wheato's outta a bucket with a shovel tho.

You know what chris son? fuck you:blank: . fuck you:smile:

DoW of war really is fantastic, it's probably the defining RTS since C&C itself. You have to move fast - first it's a race to the top of the tech tree while fending off enemy attacks, and then a massive, meat grinder war of balls-out attrition. House sized tanks, orks, elves, daemons, anime style mechs, everything that should have their own RTS games are in here together.

C&C is like the old gentlemen having a good ol' laugh, a smoke and a brandy in the gentlman's club. You know, all very good, pleasant and familiar. DoW is the robot punk rocker who beams in and rips the place to bits with a guitar.

Oh, btw has anyone tried that qwerty 360 controller keyboard yet? Is it compatible with sending messages in this game?

I've had the PC (in Kane Edition) since it was released, and I love this game! Although I don't play it enough at all. I think I'll play it more when I've got my hard drive upgraded, after Christmas.

I love this game on the 360, but whenever i go on live now-a-days it seems to take forever just to get a game with 3 other ppl! It's like no-one plays it!

As much as I love this game, there isn't much strategy, with NOD just send a combo of Scorpion and Stealth, and with GDI all you need is mammoth tanks.

I agree with Shino.

Mammoth Tanks are so stupid powerful that they're all you need as GDI

I agree with Shino.

Mammoth Tanks are so stupid powerful that they're all you need as GDI

They can be defended against TBH... Caris has held off mine before and belive me i had that many i couldnt make more.

So I guess you guys (Jordan and Shino) haven't played since version 1.0 then?

So I guess you guys (Jordan and Shino) haven't played since version 1.0 then?

Haha, yeah. Actually, I've played recently (including today) thanks to this thread, but haven't patched yet.

I'm patching up now, man, 200mb+ at 80 mins?

EDIT: Wierd it won't work, i'll d/l it from somewhere else.

Also, you all seen this:

http://commandandconquer.filefront.com/news/CC3_FPS_Officially_Announced;36542

Heard it on Major Nelson's podcast i -think- that's where i heard it anyway.

Like Renegade, CnC in FPS form.

I for one actually though Renegade was ok, not the greatest, but not a bad game.

I loved Renegade actually, the MP Demo was awesome, kept me coming back for more.

If your issue with the game is balancing, you gotta patch to 1.09 (I think that's the newest one?)

It fixes a LOT. The game is a whole different story now.